Issue with Template Name changes in Site Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Issue with Template Name changes in Site Builder

It seems that the name of a customized template will revert to its standard name after overwriting that template. I have created a template for a specific forum channel that I applied to another forum channel. I saved it wanted to use the same template for a third channel, but wasn't able to find it back again by a name search. I scrolled all the way to the right and there it was, named Default Forums Page Template.

Now I have three templates with the same name which makes it a bit confusing.

Version: 5.4.5

Anyone? Bug or my mistake?

Comment

Seems like a bug. An obscure one. Can you provide some steps to recreate so we can test it out.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Go to random Forum Channel -> Suitebuilder -> Edit Site -> Edit Page -> Edit Channel Display Module -> Set any parameter (I set topics results per page to 100 and sort order to member) -> Save -> Save Page -> Overwrite Template: No -> Enter Template Name -> OK -> Save Page ->

Go to other random Forum Channel -> Edit Page -> Select Template -> Select (template still has the new name) -> Save Page -> Overwrite Template: Yes (because I basically haven't changed anything to that template) -> OK -> Save Page

Go to other random Forum Channel -> Edit Page -> Select Template -> Select (now template has been renamed to Default Forums Page Template again but ID is new)

Comment