Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use different banners for mobile and desktop in the header?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Site Builder] Use different banners for mobile and desktop in the header?

Anyone who knows how to configure the header advertisement section so it shows different banners depending on if the visitor uses a mobile or desktop. There is no settings to choose desktop or mobile there which is strange. The ordinary ad modules have that settings.

You can't at the moment. I think there is a tracker to ask for the options to be added but I can't find it at the moment

Another problem with the header ads is that they are too near the drop down and can break you terms of service with Google. I created a tracker improvement request some time ago to ask for a different placement.
    https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-17773

Comment

Some ad provider like Google Adsense has Responsive Ad Units you can use and the size of the ads displayed is dependent on the available width.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Social Icons in Postbit Like Counts on Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts ...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
        Some ad provider like Google Adsense has Responsive Ad Units you can use and the size of the ads displayed is dependent on the available width.
        Tried those Glenn. Nightmare - totally messed up the forum. Massive ads far bigger than the space I would have said was available!

Comment

We are using Revive Ad Server with async javascript code for showing the banners. We wish to have a 980*240 for desktops and a 320*240 for mobile. So they do not have the same proportions. If we only adds the 980*240 it scales down on mobile devices but the 320*240 would do better.

Comment

You can use Javascript to detect the available width and programmatically set the size in the ad code accordingly.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Social Icons in Postbit Like Counts on Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts ...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
              You can use Javascript to detect the available width and programmatically set the size in the ad code accordingly.
              But it is 2 different banner codes. One for each banner because we want to avoid banner scaling. But maybe a downscaled bannes is the only solution at the moment?

Comment