Recent Posts Module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Site Builder] Recent Posts Module

Hi Mark.B has a Recent Posts module on his demo site TalkNewsUK.

https://www.talknewsuk.com/search?se...irect%22%5D%7D

Can someone post the setting/how-to recreate this? I want to use this module on my main page, the way it's laid out with the Views, Replies, Likes, etc, statistics.... used as a Recent Posts feed on the home page.

How do I recreate this, what are your module settings? Thanks!

Originally posted by too_cool_3 View Post
    Hi Mark.B has a Recent Posts module on his demo site TalkNewsUK.

https://www.talknewsuk.com/search?se...irect%22%5D%7D

Can someone post the setting/how-to recreate this? I want to use this module on my main page, the way it's laid out with the Views, Replies, Likes, etc, statistics.... used as a Recent Posts feed on the home page.

How do I recreate this, what are your module settings? Thanks!
    That's just the standard "Today's Posts" page, altered so it's visible to registered members, and the paramaters in the JSON string changed from 'lastday' to '90' (therefore 90 days).

It isn't a module in and of itself, though I guess you could use the JSON string in a standard search module.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks Mark! How do I recreate that on a page?

I've enable Site Builder and go to New Page but under the 27 modules there is nothing for 'Today's Posts'?

Comment

Today's Post is a Search Module.

So you drag a search module to the page. Set it to look back 90 days and name it "Today's Posts."
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Hi Wayne Luke , I tried that but it's not looking like Mark B's page?

Compare Mark B's Talk News UK:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	TalkNewsUK.jpg Views:	1 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	4391472

...to TBMOTORING:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	tbm.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.7 KB ID:	4391473

Comment

As Mark stated above, he is using the "Today's Post" link that is in the navigation bar on every single vBulletin 5 installation by default. It is meant to be shown only to guest users and therefore has permissions to show it to only guest users.

It works by sending a JSON string in the URL to the search engine. Same exact way a module works without the borders around the content.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Edit the search module and add the below into the advanced editor:
              Code:
              {"last":{"from":"90"},"view":"topic","starter_only": 1,"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage","vBForum_VisitorMessage","vBForum_Report","vBForum_Redirect"]}
              You can see an example of this here:
              https://www.talknewsuk.com/testpage5
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hey Mark, thanks for sharing! I'm having a weird issue... I pasted the code in the advanced editor 'Search JSON*' field at the end of the code that's already in there and when I hit Save Changes I just get a spinning mouse cursor.. I tried multiple times with both Chrome and IE. Seem like it just gets hung up, not sure what's causing this?

Comment

The code he provides should replace the content of the JSON box. You can't have two sets of JSON in the box.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Working...
                  X