Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Module is the "Articles Channel Display Module" on the Articles Page?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Module is the "Articles Channel Display Module" on the Articles Page?

I don't see "Channel Display" in the Module list, I can't figure out what this Module is.

That is the module. If you go into the SiteBuilder from the /articles page you will see the module. It's just a search module set to display articles only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	articles.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	4382869

Comment

Thanks, I did that already. You say it's "just a search module" - OK, then how would I configure a standard search module to have all of those special display options? You can't.... I guess it's a special system module. Especially since it can't be deleted from the page...

Comment

Originally posted by StephenKay View Post
        Thanks, I did that already. You say it's "just a search module" - OK, then how would I configure a standard search module to have all of those special display options? You can't.... I guess it's a special system module. Especially since it can't be deleted from the page...
        Let's approach this from another angle. What is it you're trying to accomplish?

Comment

Some modules are internal "System Modules". The Channel Display Module is one of these. System modules don't display in the list of modules within Site Builder. They cannot be added to or removed from pages.

You shouldn't have to place this module on any page as it will be placed on the proper Channel page when you create a new channel. You cannot configure the available Search Module to act as the Channel Display module.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks, I was just trying to understand more about the various modules. It seems this module is specially configured for the Articles Page, I would guess, by the system.

Comment

Yes. It works differently depending on the type of channel it is in. There are currently four types of channels that hold content: Article, Forum, Blog and Social Group.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Working...
              X