Broke one of my custom pages; cannot edit or fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke one of my custom pages; cannot edit or fix

So I pasted some new text into a static HTML module, just plain HTML, and saved the edit. Now the page displays:

"That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

I cannot edit it or do anything...

Can you access the page via SIteBuilder?

Comment

No - I was doing this in SiteBuilder. Now, when that page is displayed, none of the SiteBuilder editing functions work whatsoever. Just keeps displaying that message. If I switch to another page, they work normally.

Would my only option be to recreate a new page, and then overwrite the other one (save it with the same name and url)?

Comment

Originally posted by StephenKay View Post
        No - I was doing this in SiteBuilder. Now, when that page is displayed, none of the SiteBuilder editing functions work whatsoever. Just keeps displaying that message. If I switch to another page, they work normally.

Would my only option be to recreate a new page, and then overwrite the other one (save it with the same name and url)?
        If that page exists SiteBuilder won't allow you to create another page with the same URL name.

If you're unable to access the page via the SiteBuilder / Pages tab then is it possible the page didn't save?

If you're able to create a new page with the same name the previous page didn't save.

Comment

If I go to another page, I can then open the "Pages" menu in Sitebuilder and see that the page exists. But when I go to that page, it displays the error message and none of the editing features work.

Comment

I'm poking around in the mysql database using phpMyAdmin to just look at stuff. I see where I screwed up.

It was a PHP Module, I forgot, and pasted a bunch of HTML into it.

I wonder if I can fix this by deleting the contents of the module, or the text part of it, in the widgetinstance table. I happen to know it's widget 172. It presently has a widgetid of 22, which is the php module if you look in the widget table. I can see all the HTML in there that I entered. It's probably trying to parse this as PHP and getting way screwed up.

Or maybe I could set the widgetid to 4, which is the static html widget. Hmm... I hesitate to fool around in here, although I have fixed things before by doing so, in earlier years with vB3...

Comment

• In Omnibus
              In Omnibus commented
              Editing a comment
              You should be able to delete the HTML and that should allow you to access the page. Of course any time you make changes to the database you should back it up first.

Ha! Fixed it! I edited the mySQL widgetinstance 172, and removed the HTML that I had pasted in, and put back the php that I had in there originally, making sure to update the number of characters count that precedes the entry, leaving everything else the same (my edit shown in red):

Code:
            a:6:{s:5:"title";s:4:"Home";s:19:"show_at_breakpoints";a:3:{s:7:"desktop";i:1;s:5:"small";i:1;s:6:"xsmall";i:1;}s:10:"hide_title";s:1:"1";s:22:"module_viewpermissions";a:1:{s:4:"show";s:3:"all";}s:4:"code";s:34:"include('../vb_static/home.html');";s:11:"widget_type";s:0:"";}
            Everything's back! (note: I did a full dump of the mySQL database before trying any of this.)

Comment

You can temporarily disable PHP module rendering so you can use Sitebuilder to edit the PHP module and fix the issue. You don't have to manually edit the database.

AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Disable PHP, Static HTML, and Ad Module rendering > Yes

AutoLinker-vB5+vBCloud | Topic Starter Ribbon | Blur Replies for Guests | NavMenu Dropdown-vB5+vBCloud | TimedSticky | Events Module | Moderator List | Drag/Drop Upload

Comment

Working...
            X