Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to Make Activity Stream show replies to threads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to Make Activity Stream show replies to threads?

I can't seem to get Activity Stream to show all latest thread AND replies, its only showing when someone makes a new thread. I've tried all the settings like toggling the new topic filter, but it still does not show ALL new replies. I would like to have an activity stream like in vb4 how it would show ALL latest activity including replies.

The closest I could get is to make a search module that shows all recent activity, but the format is not the best, I really would like the Activity Stream to show all recent posts and threads. This is the search module code I used:
    {"date":{"from":"2"},"type":["vBForum_Gallery","vBForum_Link","vBForum_Photo","vBForum_Poll","vBForum_Text","vBForum_Vi deo"],"channel":{"param":"channelid"},"sort":{"created":"desc"},"view":"","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
    Last edited by mna; Sun 15th Oct '17, 9:36pm.

If you set New Topics filter to Off, it will show the latest reply or comment in a topic. If there are 2 or more new comments posted, it will only show the very last posted reply in the Activity Stream.

AutoLinker-vB5+vBCloud | NavMenu Dropdown-vB5+vBCloud | TimedSticky | Video Attachments Player | Blur Replies for Guests | Drag/Drop Upload | Topic Starter Ribbon | Topic AJAX Auto-Update

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
      If you set New Topics filter to Off, it will show the latest reply or comment in a topic. If there are 2 or more new comments posted, it will only show the very last posted reply in the Activity Stream.
      Even doing that does not show all recent items for me (I tried replying to a older topic and it won't show up in the activity stream), they should make it so there is an option to show all recent activity on one stream. With the search module I can get it to show all recent activity, but it lacks all the extra links the activity stream has like edit, flag, like, go to post etc.

Comment

This JSON string works well for me.

Code:
        search?searchJSON={"date":{"from":"90"},"type":["vBForum_Gallery","vBForum_Link","vBForum_Photo","vBForum_Poll","vBForum_Event","vBForum_Text","vBForum_Video"],"channel":{"param":"channelid"},"sort":{"created":"desc"},"view":"","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
        I use it on my demo site: www.talknewsuk.com. Click the Activity Stream link in the subnav.

It won't give you the edit / flag links though admittedly.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          This JSON string works well for me.
          Thanks Mark, it works pretty well, I have set i to display on my homepage: https://www.msflights.net/forum/
          Do you know if there is a way to add addition links like, Go to thread, Go to Post etc? It would be nice if the standard activity stream had the option to show all activity like this search module you created.
          Last edited by mna; Mon 23rd Oct '17, 3:11pm.

Comment

Working...
          X