Changed page url and now it isn't accessible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed page url and now it isn't accessible

I changed a forum/channel url by site builder save page. Now, the page link is not accesible (to many redirects error). Can I edit this page again with Site Builder (or any different method) to set the old url?

Thanks

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Was it a default page that you changed? What are the old and new URLs?
    I don't know if is it a default page. My vBulletin skills are limited at this moment. I edited with site builder a forum page, sited in the 'principal' category.

Old url field value: forum/principal/balompiť
    New url field value: principal/balompie

I removed 'forum' and replaced ť -> e.

Do you need more information?

Thanks Trevor

Comment

Try from another browser (or clear your cache and cookies in main browser) and see if error is any different. May help provide some info.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
        Try from another browser (or clear your cache and cookies in main browser) and see if error is any different. May help provide some info.
        Same error

Can I only chagne the url from site builder? What happens if I cannot access the page?

Comment

If I restore the routenew table... would be solved?

Comment

Originally posted by estentor View Post
            If I restore the routenew table... would be solved?
            Only if no other changes were made. Upload tools.php and run the Repair Routes tool available in that page. To do this you need to follow these steps:

1) Upload the /core/install directory.
            2) Upload tools.php to your /core/admincp directory. You can find this file in the do_not_upload folder.
            3) Run tools.php by going to yoursite.com/admincp/tools.php
            4) Enter your customer ID.
            5) Choose the Repair Routes tool from the menu.

This should restore the default route to the channel. When you are done, delete the tools.php file and /core/install directory.

I recommend a complete database backup before using tools.php. Just in case something goes wrong.

More concerning is the cause of the issue as it shouldn't cause these problems and I have used it many times myself. Have you modified the .htaccess file provided with vBulletin for any reason?
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Finally, I decided to restore the complete database.

Thanks

Comment