Style reference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style reference

Hi I'm trying to edit the default style on my forum but I'm having trouble finding where to edit certain things. So for example, I want to create and upload new buttons on the navigation bar under the header, but have no idea where this is located in the admin cp style editor. I was wondering is there a document which references each section on a style so I can figure out what everything is. I hope that makes sense, I'm not describing it very well. Thanks for any help.

For adding items in the navigation bar, you would do it in the frontend using the Sitebuilder tool. Click Edit Site OFF to turn it ON if not already. Then click Navigation Bar.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Social Icons in Postbit Like Counts on Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts ...and more!

Comment

There's no style reference I am aware of. Basically if you right click on any element and choose Inspect or Inspect Element in your browser you'll get a name of the element, this will give you some idea where you might find a style variable for it. Of course not everything has a style variable so you may need to edit it by adding CSS to the css_additional.css template directly, that lets you edit almost anything.

As for uploading new buttons, I am not sure I understand what you are trying to replace. Unfortunately most images in VB5 are part of "sprites" which are single images that contain many smaller images inside it. Rather than the browser uploading 20 small images it is faster to upload one medium sized image, then with CSS you specify just a small part of the image to be the visible image.

That makes editing more difficult because it's not just replacing an image like in older versions. It's rebuilding a sprite image or editing the code to specify a new image instead of an existing sprite.

The short answer is that images weren't designed to be altered in VB5 and that is outside the scope of official support. You should get help with such customization on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
        For adding items in the navigation bar, you would do it in the frontend using the Sitebuilder tool. Click Edit Site OFF to turn it ON if not already. Then click Navigation Bar.
        I want to edit the colour of the navigation bar. Can this be done via the site builder as I can't see an option? Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
          There's no style reference I am aware of. Basically if you right click on any element and choose Inspect or Inspect Element in your browser you'll get a name of the element, this will give you some idea where you might find a style variable for it. Of course not everything has a style variable so you may need to edit it by adding CSS to the css_additional.css template directly, that lets you edit almost anything.

As for uploading new buttons, I am not sure I understand what you are trying to replace. Unfortunately most images in VB5 are part of "sprites" which are single images that contain many smaller images inside it. Rather than the browser uploading 20 small images it is faster to upload one medium sized image, then with CSS you specify just a small part of the image to be the visible image.

That makes editing more difficult because it's not just replacing an image like in older versions. It's rebuilding a sprite image or editing the code to specify a new image instead of an existing sprite.

The short answer is that images weren't designed to be altered in VB5 and that is outside the scope of official support. You should get help with such customization on www.vbulletin.org.
          Thanks for your reply. When I refer to buttons I just mean the navigation bar link colour before and after clicking on it.

Comment

Originally posted by siaforum View Post
            I want to edit the colour of the navigation bar. Can this be done via the site builder as I can't see an option? Thanks for your reply.
            There are stylevars available for the nav bar. All the header nav bar stylevars start with the name "header_tab". Search for that in the AdminCP > Styles > Style Manager > Style Variable Editor (for the target style/theme)

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Social Icons in Postbit Like Counts on Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts ...and more!

Comment

Here's the complete list of stylevars with their description.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/stylevars

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X