Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want users to be able to monetize their own groups / profiles / blogs..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want users to be able to monetize their own groups / profiles / blogs..

I want the users to be able to include an ad on the pages they built...

Is there a way I can do that?

Of course they will need to come out with their own html or link... I just want to give them the room to place it.

Can we do it somehow? Can we make room for them?

This is dangerous as you need to grant them HTML permissions. Allowing users to post HTML is dangerous as they could insert a malicious script that will affect all users viewing the page. This is called Cross-Site Scripting (XSS).

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Social Icons in Postbit Like Counts on Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts ...and more!

Comment

Thanks for the information...

Hmm...

Maybe I need to think of a different way to allow users to make money from their content ...

Comment

Maybe VBulletin should take it up to the next level and add this feature to make forums even more popular...

Comment

You can make feature suggestions here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=7

Any user created content should be considered suspect and insecure though.

What you can do is add the ads for them using Site Builder. This would enable you to review them so someone isn't using the facade of an to steal information from users.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X