Last topic widget not in date order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last topic widget not in date order?

I have the latest topic widget on the home page. It does not appear to be in order. times are all over the place but it should be order by date desc. I am basically looking for a list of unique topics order by last update so that people can see what topics have just been responded to. This seems close but not exact. Any suggestions?

Actually is there a way to make it Latest posts and not really Latest Topics. I would like it to show who just made the post by topic if possible.

Comment

Try using this searchJSON:

Code:
      searchJSON=%7B%22last%22%3A%7B%22from%22%3A%2210%22%7D%2C%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%22starter_only%22%3A1%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22lastcontent%22%3A%22desc%22%7D%2C%22exclude_type%22%3A%5B%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22%2C%22vBForum_VisitorMessage%22%2C%22vBForum_Report%22%2C%22vBForum_Redirect%22%5D%7D

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
        Try using this searchJSON:

Code:
        searchJSON=%7B%22last%22%3A%7B%22from%22%3A%2210%22%7D%2C%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%22starter_only%22%3A1%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22lastcontent%22%3A%22desc%22%7D%2C%22exclude_type%22%3A%5B%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22%2C%22vBForum_VisitorMessage%22%2C%22vBForum_Report%22%2C%22vBForum_Redirect%22%5D%7D

Is that how its supposed to look?

Comment

If you're making a link. That would cause problems within a widget's JSON box.
          ----------------

What do you have the Sort field in your search module set to?
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmace View Post

Is that how its supposed to look?
            I thought you were using it in the Latest Topics nav bar item.

In Search module, switch to Advanced Editor and paste this JSON:

Code:
            {"last":{"from":"10"},"view":"topic","starter_only":1,"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage","vBForum_VisitorMessage","vBForum_Report","vBForum_Redirect"]}
            That displays the topics with the latest posts from the last 10 days. Change the number of days accordingly.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment