My customer feedback cant reset password. it informs reset sucessfully but invalid.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B
    When the customer gets their new password, make sure they use it promptly, and make sure they are aware it is case sensitive. They are best off copying and pasting it from the email.
    I tend to paste them into Notepad (or any proper text editor - NOT WORD OR WORDPAD!) first, to remove any formatting that may carry over from the user's email client, before pasting it from there into the password box.
    It doesn't work this way anymore. It hasn't for quite some time now. The software does not send passwords to users anymore.

When a user requests a new password, they are sent an email that contains a link with a one-time use token. This token will expire after a specific time. They have to use it as soon as they get it. Once they click on the token, it will sent them to the site and show the new password page. However, if the token expires before they use it, they will be told it is invalid.

This should be the email they are sent:
    Code:
    Dear {1},

You have requested to reset your password on {2} because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
    {4}

Your username is: {1}

To edit your profile, first login with the parameters above. Then go to this page:
    {3}/settings/profile

All the best,
    {2}

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    When the customer gets their new password, make sure they use it promptly, and make sure they are aware it is case sensitive. They are best off copying and pasting it from the email.
    I tend to paste them into Notepad (or any proper text editor - NOT WORD OR WORDPAD!) first, to remove any formatting that may carry over from the user's email client, before pasting it from there into the password box.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    I agree it's not. I get a few a week that can't log back into there account because of this password issue. I usually reset it to 1234 and then ask them to reset it to their liking once logged in. This seems to happen after a customer does a reboot or a clearing. Regardless the site should accept the old password but it does not.

• Kevin Hu
    commented on 's reply
    I can login adminCP and configure password for them. but that is not a good solution.

• Carrfixr
    replied
    That has been happening to us lately too. I end up doing a password reset for them and then once they are logged in the user can then reset it to their liking.

Leave a comment:

• My customer feedback cant reset password. it informs reset sucessfully but invalid.

My customer feedback cant reset password. it informs reset sucessfully but invalid.