X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • insub
    • Nov 2010

vBulletin Connect used as CMS

Is this reasonably possible?

I have vB 5.3.3 Connect, and I know they integrated the CMS into it when they went to 5. So now it's articles. I'm trying to make this the default front page (articles), with forums being a secondary page. How do I do this? I didn't find anything obvious in the configuration, nor in the site builder.

Also, I'm trying to completely disable blogs. Our needs just don't include blogs for the users.
  • delicjous
    • Mar 2014
    • 6.X

First Questions answer: not really. If your first goal isn't do a forum or a community around a forum I would not recommand vB5. There are tonnes of cms out there with great abilities. But it depends on your project what system you should use.
    Second is answered in an article here:https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/arti...stom-home-page
    Delete the link in the site-builder navigation and use channel-permissions to disallow blogs for all -> https://vbulletin-forum.de/admincp/f...php?do=modify&
    Last edited by delicjous; Tue 10 Oct '17, 5:01am.

Comment

• jdj
      • Jan 2009
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by insub
      Is this reasonably possible?

I have vB 5.3.3 Connect, and I know they integrated the CMS into it when they went to 5. So now it's articles. I'm trying to make this the default front page (articles), with forums being a secondary page. How do I do this? I didn't find anything obvious in the configuration, nor in the site builder.

Also, I'm trying to completely disable blogs. Our needs just don't include blogs for the users.
      You can set the blogs and the other channels that you don't want to display not to display in the channel manager.

You can make the 'articles' page your home page via site builder: You go into site builder and if it's the articles page you want to be your home page when you save your edits in the box saying "Save the page URL based on the page name mysite.com" you just leave that blank and save it - i.e. change the current setting in the box from 'articles' to blank. Before you do this you have had to have changed your current home page (which already has its page saved on mysite.com [blank]) as something else, and remembered what that something else is so that you can find the page again to edit it. Having done all that you can change the order of the tabs in the navigation bar to display everything in the order you want it displayed. You'll find more detail on this by searching for other posts on this forum.

A bit more on this (because I use the articles page as the home page and couldn't remember my settings). I have the URL for the articles page set as mysite.com [blank] - the default is mysite.com 'articles'.

I have the URL for the forum page set as mysite.com 'forum' - the default for this page is mysite.com [blank].
      Last edited by jdj; Wed 1 Nov '17, 8:23am.

Comment