Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin 5 already supports collaborative editing of content. You can give anyone the ability to edit content via usergroups and channel permissions. All edits are stored in the system and can be viewed by those with permission. The viewing mechanism is to click the "Last Edited by User A" message that appears at the bottom of the content. Other wiki-like functionality may be listed as feature and improvement requests already. This depends on what you are looking for specifically. I suggest adding each feature as a new JIRA and you can link them as related if you wish. Any duplicates will be marked as such.

Modules serve a different purpose. Modules available in Site Builder are used primarily to display content that has been created on the site. There are also other modules like the editor and channel display modules. These are usually marked as system modules and unable to be removed from existing pages or added to other pages. In the most basic scheme of things, everything that appears on a vBulletin 5 page is a module.

Current Modules handle advertising, static html, PHP, user info, activity streams and a variety of search functions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• delicjous
      • Mar 2014
      • 6.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 already supports collaborative editing of content. You can give anyone the ability to edit content via usergroups and channel permissions. All edits are stored in the system and can be viewed by those with permission. The viewing mechanism is to click the "Last Edited by User A" message that appears at the bottom of the content. Other wiki-like functionality may be listed as feature and improvement requests already. This depends on what you are looking for specifically. I suggest adding each feature as a new JIRA and you can link them as related if you wish. Any duplicates will be marked as such.

Modules serve a different purpose. Modules available in Site Builder are used primarily to display content that has been created on the site. There are also other modules like the editor and channel display modules. These are usually marked as system modules and unable to be removed from existing pages or added to other pages. In the most basic scheme of things, everything that appears on a vBulletin 5 page is a module.

Current Modules handle advertising, static html, PHP, user info, activity streams and a variety of search functions.
      Thats a good suggustion but I don't want to give a user the moderator-permission for a channel. The users with permission should have permission to edit the first post if a user with permission create a wiki-post. All following post in the thread should be sfe of changes. But I will create a new jira.

Never think about to make a blog as a wiki-blog. Don't think it is good to give all users to edit all blogs :-( ... I create a jira.

Edit to comment the comment:
      Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You don't have to give users moderator powers in order to give them permission to edit posts created by other users in a channel.
      But the permission is a moderator permission and the user could edit all posts in that channel. Is a good suggustion but I think its nothing the forums admin will do.
      Last edited by delicjous; Tue 1 Aug '17, 1:57pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        Wayne Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        You don't have to give users moderator powers in order to give them permission to edit posts created by other users in a channel. The JIRA will be reviewed.
    • chriske
      • Oct 2008

1. A module that displays the most likes posts
      2. A module that displays the last liked posts.
      3. A module that displays unanswered topics (with option to exclude topics that are closed of are in a specific forum).
      4. A module that displays topics with a certain prefix.
      Please vote for:
      - Lightbox for all uploads
      - Attachment permissions for unregistered users

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        4. That can be done using the Search module. There is a search JSON for fetching content via prefix. I use this on my site.
    • plongeur.com
      • Mar 2017
      • 5.2.x

A module on the topic page showing other related topics on the same subject. This could be based on a relevance search on the title or the text of the first post.

The idea is to get visitors to see more than the one topic they landed on coming froming a search engine.

Comment

• saiff
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Joe D.
      This is brain storming, I really liked some ideas, lets keep new ones coming. Creating an entire platform to allow video sharing is beyond the scope of vBulletin but good to know tools for live video sharing is something customers want.
      quote quote
      https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...re-waiting-for

Comment