Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you use the calendar module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post


    There are no route endpoints to tell the system to create a specific content type like Events. Due to this, the system can't go straight to a Post Event tab. Would be an interesting item for future improvement.
    Darn Do you think this would be very time consuming to implement? I'm willing to pay/donate for this

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by mna View Post

      Darn Do you think this would be very time consuming to implement? I'm willing to pay/donate for this
      Each content type would have to be extended so I don't know how long that would take. The editor would probably require some refactoring as well.

      Have created a JIRA here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17400
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 9th Jun '17, 8:26am.
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

      Comment


      • #18
        Thanks Wayne!

        Comment


        • #19
          Glenn made the exact module I was looking for here, thanks! :
           

          Comment


          • #20
            If anyone is curious, we have completed our move to vb5 and this is what the calendar module with add new event button looks like (thanks to Glen). It would be nice if the default Event Module would get these features at some point: https://www.msflights.net/forum/

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              Events can be in any channel whether it is a Forum, Article, Blog or Social Group channel. As Trevor said, just click the button to create a New Topic/Article/Entry in the channel and you can then select the Event content type. The default calendar will show events from all channels.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20170411100905.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	4368121
              Thanks. I don't have that calendar icon as a choice. How to add. I do have Calendar as an item on top level navigation. Click and I see it. No way to enter content

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BAMA_IT View Post
                Thanks. I don't have that calendar icon as a choice. How to add. I do have Calendar as an item on top level navigation. Click and I see it. No way to enter content
                The Calendar only shows events. In reality is it nothing more than a fancy search module. You cannot create events on the Calendar page.


                You create events within your forum channels just like any other content. If the icon doesn't appear, then you need to make sure the usergroup had permission to create events under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager and under Usergroup -> Channel Permissions for any channels with custom permssions.
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

                  The Calendar only shows events. In reality is it nothing more than a fancy search module. You cannot create events on the Calendar page.


                  You create events within your forum channels just like any other content. If the icon doesn't appear, then you need to make sure the usergroup had permission to create events under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager and under Usergroup -> Channel Permissions for any channels with custom permssions.
                  Ok. i"ll look- but as an admin, shouldn't I be able to set an event?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by BAMA_IT View Post

                    Ok. i"ll look- but as an admin, shouldn't I be able to set an event?
                    If you have given yourself permission to do so, then yes.
                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X