X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BTMike
    • Jun 2011
    • 5.7.X

Just Made the move to vBulletin 5 Cloud

My community is going to be 20 years old this year, the last 10 or so on vBulletin. I just moved my vBulletin 4.2 site to vBulletin 5 Cloud about 3 weeks ago.

Needless to say the idea of leaving the security and stability of 4.2 was somewhat terrifying.

I just wanted to let other know that this move was great for me and my community and the vBulletin staff was awesome in their handling of the migration and helping me with some after move tweaks. I just want to thank Trevor Hannant at vBulletin for his attention and dedication to the success of my move, he has been excellent, Thank You!

For those asking why did he make the move? I have been managing a dedicated server for the last 15 years or so and frankly I just don't have the time or desire to keep up with it any longer and frankly the move is saving quite a bit of cash. I can now have a renewed focus on the community itself without worrying about software updates or keeping the server running.

Feedback from members is positive, they appreciate the ease of navigation and like the mobile interface, I still have some tweaking to do and a few things to learn about vBulletin 5 but I'm getting the hang of it and like it.

Thanks again vBulletin crew!!

Mike Wilson
    www.bowltech.com

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You're welcome Mike, and thanks for posting your feedback on your decision to make the move
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...