• 5.3.x

Is it possible to uninstall vb5

VB 5.2.2
    PHP 5.4.45
    MySQL 5.5.50
    No Addons - none at all.
    All issues occur in default style since upgrade to VB5
    All issues occur in English/default language since upgrade to VB5
    Error message encountered copied & pasted precisely below.
    Various errors encountered using both Firefox v47.0 & MS Edge (can not find what version it is but the default that came with MS Win10)
    Yes, browsers were tested in private mode and standard, ie cookies & cache & no cookies & no cache.

1) Attempting to move certain channels (not sure what differentiates one from another) causes this issue.
    2) Answered, thanks to answer below, I think I've resolved this (it had an old email address in it, presumably this has been refunded to the customer)
    3) Log in to admin account, observe a post needs moderating. Approve post. Observe the OP is now dated according to date of approved reply/post instead of original date.
    4) Log into ACP and observe there are no links (I'm told this is because they're no longer sorted via ACP - yet oddly my test VB5 board still has links) for unapproved posts, etc.
    5) Answered, thank you. Edits by myself resulted in a variety of differing content relevant to the site.
    6a) This is just odd - I make a thread in the forum, tap in some tags, they show up without issue. Enter content & pics etc. and submit post. Tags vanish (sometimes).
    6b) Attempt to enter tags and observe the suggested tag pane is hidden by the tag-entry window, as illustrated in later post.
    6c) As admin/moderator I have always added tags to threads missing tags. I can no longer do this without 'editing' the entire first post. Also, other members cannot add tags to threads started by other members anymore - something vb has always enabled previsouly.
    7) Answered, thank you. I wasn't aware mods weren't removed from their 'alert status' within ACP once banned. I'm now aware - won't make that mistake again.
    8) Not sure why the image problems were happening - this seems to have stopped playing up for the moment.

So many bugs in this thing... If possible I'll just get a refund and be on my way.

'channels' won't move from within ACP - trying to move a subforum into a different subforum = mass volume of DB errors streaming into my inbox.

PHP Code:
    Error Invalid SQLINSERT INTO vbclosure (parentchilddepthpublishdateSELECT cl2.parent101cl2.depth 1node.publishdate FROM vbclosure AS cl2 INNER JOIN vbnode AS node WHERE cl2.child 14 AND node.nodeid 101 /**insertMovedNodeClosureRecords**/

Can't delete a 'channel' (formerly known as a forum/sub-forum) - it just will not delete.

Paying subscriber shows a payment made, can't find any trace in paypal.

When moderating a guest post from an article (which is no longer front page for some unknown reason) it resets date to date of moderated post instead of the date the article was published - now, years old articles are being refreshed as if posted minutes or days ago.

Links in ACP welcome panel don't work (they work fine on my 'test' board but not on my live board, so I can no longer moderate posts/threads from within the ACP as historically been able to.

Recent blogs thing shows no blogs even though there's several hundred blog posts.

TAGS - one moment they show up, another they don't. Also, when adding tags the pop up window is nice.. but then it tries to suggest (e.g. I type "hell" it might suggest "hello" and "hells angels" etc. - the suggestions show up underneath the tag-entry window making all suggestions inaccessible.

A former moderator was banned a long while back, but his name wasn't deleted from the Mods list within ACP - so he got an email recently after I performed a 'test flagging of post'. That went down well.. Three in the morning being stalked by some nutter who went rogue like 2+ years ago...

These are just those I remember off the top of my head.. I'll add others as I remember/experience them...

Getting an error every time I attempt to use photos. They get uploaded without too much issue but when I attempt to post them inline and change their size, it returns:

• Trying to get contenttype class id from invalid contenttype (invalid_contenttype_class_specified)

Then, the editor window shows the image as intended (ie medium size, centred, etc.) but when publishing the post it shows the BB code [attach]xyz[/attach] so the post appears a bit useless.

Oh, how does one add tags to an otherwise untagged thread? In days of old, 'tags' were at the bottom of the thread - now only the OP can add tags.
    Last edited by karlm; Fri 8 Jul '16, 12:10pm.
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

vBulletin is 'visible source', which means that once the product has been downloaded, there is no way for the customer to 'return' the product. Therefore, the license agreement includes the following, which you will have agreed to upon purchase:

6. No Refund.

No refunds will be offered for the Software once it has been downloaded, except as required by law or as otherwise stated herein.
    However, we obviously don't want you to have a product that isn't doing what it should. Most of what you mention does not relate to known bugs. I would recommend raising a support ticket so we can have a look at your setup. You can do this here: http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport

Regarding moderators - banning a moderator does not remove them from the moderators list for individual forums, if they are assigned them. Banning moderators is generally a fairly rare occurrence, more commonly they would just be removed from moderating those forums and put into a 'non-staff' usergroup. The act of removing a moderator should always include manually removing them from moderating any forums they have access to.

Moderating posts and threads is actually no longer done in the AdminCP - it is now done via the message centre on the front end.

Recent blogs widget - the default one is actually set to display groups rather than blogs, despite being named blogs. This can be corrected by editing it and setting it to the blogs channel, then clearing the system cache to force it to update (AdminCP > Maintenance > Clear System Cache).
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• karlm
      • Jun 2006
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by karlm
      ...when adding tags the pop up window is nice.. but then it tries to suggest (e.g. I type "hell" it might suggest "hello" and "hells angels" etc. - the suggestions show up underneath the tag-entry window making all suggestions inaccessible.
      This is what I was talking about. And this is from vbulletin.com not my own site. See how the suggested tags are hidden from view by the tag-entry window? Once you clear the window, the suggestions remain for a few moments.
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

It would help us solve your problems if you could work with one issue at a time. Your posts jump all over the place and then you focus on small issues while large issues get bypassed. Your biggest issue is the database error. That should be the first focus of a thread. Putting a lot of topics into a single thread almost guarantees that we won't really be able to solve all the issues.

We need the complete error. The text you provided does not tell us what is wrong.

Please start by providing answer to all the questions here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...swered-quickly

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• karlm
          • Jun 2006
          • 5.3.x

I put a number into one topic because a number of issues occurred within a short period of time.

I mentioned that one that got repeated first and most commonly - the tags are just odd now.

That IS the complete error, that is precisely a copy & paste job out of the error window that appeared when I attempted to move a sub-forum. I cannot make it generate further information. However, I suspect the error was a one-off. I'll let you know if that changes.

I'll amend post #1 with updated information as requested.
          No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Database errors should be emailed to the technical content email specified in the /core/includes/config.php. This should be changed to a valid email so we can see the entire message.

Tags work differently in vBulletin 5. You can only tag the opening post in any topic. Just click on Tags+. Type your tag and hit enter (should be specified on the screen) to have it show up. I cannot recreate the tag list showing up under the overlay on my PC. What browser are you using? Please note that IE8 is not supported any longer and IE9 is considered to be deprecated.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment