X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmquist
    • Jan 2006
    • 5.7.X

Remember me at log in

I wonder why there is a remember me check box. I suppose there is a reason but i dont understand it. Wouldnt it be possible to remove it and always use the settings as if it was checked?

Regards / PerOla
  • zappaDPJ
    • Jun 2007

A check box option, unset as the default is essential for your own security. You wouldn't want to be remembered if you were logging in from a device used by other people.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Yep, to elaborate:

You go to an internet cafe and log onto your forum as an admin.

If the box is checked, then when you close the browser, the next user of that computer can open your forum and will be logged in as admin...even if it's several days later.
      With the box unchecked, after the browser closes, they will need to log in again.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• pmquist
        • Jan 2006
        • 5.7.X

That makes sense, But why do I have problems with users getting logged out during their session at my site? What settings can be wrong? I suppose it should be possible to use my site for a full session then without having to check that check box?

Comment

• PhoGro
          • Feb 2016
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by pmquist
          That makes sense, But why do I have problems with users getting logged out during their session at my site? What settings can be wrong? I suppose it should be possible to use my site for a full session then without having to check that check box?
          Any resolution to this? I'm having the same issue on my site.

Comment

• IggyP
            • Mar 2012

i wonder if it can be so simple as cookie timeout setting?

Comment

• pmquist
              pmquist commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I will try to change that. Was set to 900 and I increased to 1800.
          • Craig
            • Jan 2008
            • 6.X

Originally posted by IggyP
            i wonder if it can be so simple as cookie timeout setting?

Yes, that is the setting in the admincp that i too had to change to stop this.

The caveat is, it shows users online longer then actually are. To me not a big deal.

Mine is now set to 3600.
            adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...