X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josueinaki
    • Sep 2015
    • 5.1.x

The tag system is useless

Tags should be auto complete, because every time someone creates a post, the User has to be creating their own tags? This is not practical nor useful to anyone becomes a useless field that no one fills. The more I learn about vbulletin more I see that is a program too much and too little practicality. There is a huge permissions system that can give user groups, no more you can hide certain code. (then so many permissions useless if there is not exactly the one I need?).

vbulletin 5 is full of errors and software you need to work as a tester of these errors for them. now are on the version 5.2.0 and they are far from correct them. It seems to me that only care about getting releasing new versions with more to something that is already broken to get worse
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You are correct. There is an ISSUE to add this feature here: ​http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13663

It needs more votes to move up in priority.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• medved
      • Apr 2008

josueinaki welcome to the vB5 Hell. This is how it works here. They are selling Alpha version of vB5, then their paid customers have to work as testers, and when they find an error, they have to beg them to fix it. And when there is not enough begging people they will just ignore those errors.

Comment

• Historic Trucks
        • Dec 2015
        • 5.1.x

I am starting to get that oh shoot what have I got myself into feeling.

Comment

• pmquist
          • Jan 2006
          • 5.7.X

I disagree about the tag system being useless. I get a much higher quality on the tags by adding them manually. Unless the automated tag system somehow make judgements which words should be tags i believe that way of handling it can be just as useless as you find the system today.

I am not against making an automated system, I am just opposing your view that you´re talking for everyone that uses vB5.

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
            • Dec 2003
            • 1.1.x

Tagging or tags are manual work to be done by topic maker...
            Automated systems just try to help.
            TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment