Empty response and Searchlog table

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    It's not a bug. "Empty Response" is a generic error that can be triggered by a number of different issues.

If you haven't already, please raise a support ticket so we can have a look for you.

Leave a comment:

• pbv
    replied
    Originally posted by stevenheley
    I'm please to say VB tech have fixed this and 5.1.8 seems to be working a treat.
    Is an official news?
    I haven't found this fix in 5.1.8 bug list:
    We're happy to announce the release of vBulletin 5.1.8. All together over 100 issues have been resolved in vBulletin 5.1.8. While most of these issues are bug fixes, there are a few enhancements to the

Leave a comment:

• stevenheley
    replied
    I'm please to say VB tech have fixed this and 5.1.8 seems to be working a treat.

Leave a comment:

• pbv
    replied
    Try to activate "slow query log" in your mysql configuration file.
    For each "empty response" error probably you'll find a log like this:
    Code:
    [I]# Query_time: [B]28.477996[/B] Lock_time: 0.000050 Rows_sent:0 Rows_examined: 1605[/I]
    [I]UPDATE vb5_searchlog SET `dateline`=1437381951 where (`userid` = 127)[/I]
    About 30 seconds to update a date in 1605 records!

After deleting all records for userid 127 and sending a new reply the log is:
    Code:
    [I]# Query_time: [B]4.251679[/B] Lock_time: 0.000035 Rows_sent:0 Rows_examined: 4[/I]
    [I]UPDATE vb5_searchlog SET `dateline`=1437384583 where (`userid` = 127)[/I]
    ...and no "empty response" message.

I'd like someone of VB team to explain to me the usefulness of this table (0 to 2.4 GB in few days).

Leave a comment:

• stevenheley
    replied
    We have the same problem with a 5.1.7 upgrade, i'm currently waiting on VB support to look at it..

They have suggested,

"footer-rollup-517.js is returning a 500 Internal Server. Need to find out what that is. It is probably being blocked by the server....your hosts need to whitelist it."

"It appears on all URLs but it's not actually visible on the page itself....it can be seen using a developer tool such as Firebug to inspect the network responses.

/js/footer-rollup-517.js"

"They should also check for any server security software rules that might be getting triggered, eg mod_security, Suhosin etc."

Leave a comment:

• pbv
    replied
    Does anyone help me?

Edit: how fast is replying here!!! Envy...
    Last edited by pbv; Wed 15 Jul '15, 12:08am. Reason: comment

Leave a comment:

• pbv
    started a topic Empty response and Searchlog table

Empty response and Searchlog table

Hi all,
    finally, after several troubles i've my 5.1.7 version
    (migrated by 3.6.4 through 4.x) almost running.
    Almost...

I've to solve the most annoying problem: the "Empty response" when user sends a reply or creates a new topic.
    This error message comes when the "create-content/text/" process exceeds the FcgidIOTimeout value set in the fcgid.conf file (45 seconds for me).
    I see the error message but replies are regularly written into db and i've to close popup and refresh browser to see them.

Analyzing error log files I've found two very slow queries (up to 200 seconds ): both of them try to Replace or Update something in the vb5_searchlog table.
    My searchlog table was 6 GB and had more than 500k records (80% with userid=0).
    I don't believe problem could depend on table size but it happens above all for the most active users (more records in searchlog).

So, i've truncated the table and this was good for me: now all users can send posts and create topics in a reasonable time (4-8 seconds).
    But truncate searchlog is only a workaround because table grows quickly and i've to repeat the operation.

So, some questions:
    • what's searchlog table purpose?
    • high percentage of records with userid=0 means that also guest operations are logged, why?
    • is there a way to make queries on searchlog faster?

Or
    • is there a way to avoid using searchlog table?
    • is there a scheduled task that truncate the table for me (cleanup, cleanup#2 or dailycleanup)?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Lou