Upgrade to Google reCAPTCHA v2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igor Arkadia
    replied
    yes but people who are not tech guy are not aware that their is a new version for reCaptcha !! so how they will vote for this !! even tech guy don't know that their is new version of recaptcha ... it's stupid this vote !! and the implementation of the new recaptcha is so trivial that i can not understand why we need such mechanisme to make the vbulletin team decide to implemente it !!

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    I think this JIRA needs to get a few more votes. I always hated reCaptcha v1 while the new v2 is very easy and fast to use. A great improvement!

Leave a comment:

• Igor Arkadia
    replied
    i know it's in jira, but end user are not aware of such thing (new recaptcha) it's not their job! they just know they have lot of spam ... so no one vote for it, else everyone will vote for it!

also it's just 2 lines of code to implement the new recaptcha, and end user need to change nothing (their key stay the same), so it's not a very big deal to implemente it !

Leave a comment:

• captainslater
    replied
    This is already in JIRA:

Leave a comment:

• Igor Arkadia
    started a topic Upgrade to Google reCAPTCHA v2

Upgrade to Google reCAPTCHA v2

Google launched reCAPTCHA v2 (i.e. No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA) in Dec, 2014. The new version provides a more simplified user experience than reCAPTCHA v1, with an enhanced spam fighting mechanism.

Click image for larger version

Name:	newCaptchaAnchor.gif
Views:	374
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	4324156

I m enalf of the old captcha who is complicated for user and who STOP nothing! i receive each day around 100 spams!
    Is very easy to change to old recaptcha code by the new. for end user they don't need to change anything because the key
    stay the same !
    Attached Files