• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tester1977
    • Jan 2013
    • 4.2.X

URL issue

Hello,
    I wand to updrade form phpbb2 and keep my old URL structure.
    But vBulletin has /Forum or /Blog in it's URLs.
    Is there a workarround or addon to get the exact old url structure.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

You cannot change the vBulletin URLs but you may be able to write .htaccess rewrite rules to redirect your old phpBB URLs to the vBulletin equivalents.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Jayhan
      • Nov 2007
      • 3.6.x

Mark,

I just recently "upgraded" to vbulletin 5.0. And all of my urls are broken. Everything, every where. I spent close to 15-20,000 hours over the last 5 years promoting my website and our research. We "were" number 1 in google rankings for everything we had topics on. Now after this "upgrade" not so much. To say I am disappointed would be the understatement of the millennium. I had Vbulletin 3.8.6 and wanted to go to 4, but it wasn't being sold, had no time to research because of a server change and decided on VB 5.0. Biggest mistake I have made in 10 years. This "upgrade" to 5.0 just cost me about 50% of my entire traffic for the forum. From about 500 an hour to 250.

I need to know the simplest way of making all of my old urls which I spent the better part of 5 years of my life promoting, back into working urls. We have dozens or even hundreds of other issues and problems with VB 5.0 but this is smack dab top of my list of priorities. And it needs to be resolved quickly.

Can you please tell me how to accomplish this? In the simplest way possible?

Thank you,
      Phil
      Last edited by Jayhan; Sat 9 May '15, 2:42am.
      http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7...911logofh6.jpg

Comment

• nab1x9
        nab1x9 commented
        Editing a comment
        You have 10 years experience and couldn't build a test server for SEO confirmation before upgrading? I doubt it.

• Jayhan
        Jayhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I know there are trolls like you everywhere on the net nab1, with not much more to work with then useless brain puddy. But since you don't know the whole story why don't you simply shut up unless you have a solution?
    • Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Jayhan
      Mark,

I just recently "upgraded" to vbulletin 5.0. And all of my urls are broken. Everything, every where. I spent close to 15-20,000 hours over the last 5 years promoting my website and our research. We "were" number 1 in google rankings for everything we had topics on. Now after this "upgrade" not so much. To say I am disappointed would be the understatement of the millennium. I had Vbulletin 3.8.6 and wanted to go to 4, but it wasn't being sold, had no time to research because of a server change and decided on VB 5.0. Biggest mistake I have made in 10 years. This "upgrade" to 5.0 just cost me about 50% of my entire traffic for the forum. From about 500 an hour to 250.

I need to know the simplest way of making all of my old urls which I spent the better part of 5 years of my life promoting, back into working urls. We have dozens or even hundreds of other issues and problems with VB 5.0 but this is smack dab top of my list of priorities. And it needs to be resolved quickly.

Can you please tell me how to accomplish this? In the simplest way possible?

Thank you,
      Phil
      I do not know what mark is talking about but you can change your forum URLs. It's as simple as editing a page in the site builder.

Go to the sitebuilder > edit page > save > when you save the page edit the URL. What's the problem.
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Jayhan
        • Nov 2007
        • 3.6.x

The big deal is I have over 250,000 page urls. That's the big deal. And whoever would think a forum software maker would force their customers to have their url's changed when upgrading? Seriously it is retarded and shows an utter disregard for their clients and customers who paid good money for their software.

My url has the word forum in it already. So then it reads /forum. All of my 251,000 urls all across the globe on thousands of websites are now all broken because of this decision by some retard at vbulletin who wrote the software this way.

I am still awaiting for an answer from the mods or admins here on how to fix this. To date nobody has even bothered to answer. So much for customer support. So far I have received zero support and zero help although I have asked numerous times. They just don't give a damn.

That's what it comes down to. They got their money and that's the end of the story as far as they are concerned.

cheers-
        phil
        http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7...911logofh6.jpg

Comment