Why does styling take SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LizzyD
    • Feb 2015
    • 5.1.x

Why does styling take SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long?!

Hi,

So this is just something I'm burning with curiosity about...

Why does it take SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long for my damn styles to save?! I'm paying for a 100 Mbps download / 15 Mbps upload (approximately) plan from my ISP, so you would think this wouldn't be an issue for me. However, it seems that - when I change anything in my styles in AdminCP - it takes at least 30 damn seconds just for AdminCP to refresh and save the changes! Then ANOTHER few minutes just to actually see those changes live!! I don't remember vBulletin EVER taking this long in previous versions to do what is otherwise a simple task. I often find myself clicking "Save" 2+ times just to see something quicker. :l I swear to you that my grandmother can walk to her kitchen faster...

This DEFINITELY needs to improve in any upgrades / modifications vBulletin does .....
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Are you saving CSS in the file system? If so, then it has a lot of files to write and it rewrites all styles each time due to some legacy code. There have been some changes to this in vBulletin 5.1.5 and in 5.1.6. The alternative is to store the CSS in the database when making a lot of changes and the write them out once after you're done.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment