Vbulletin should finally fix the reputation bars and have them make sense for admin and user.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by medved
    When this reputation bars problem will be fixed? I have people with 100 posts or less and they have already all bars filled up. Can someone please fix it?
    Are you using the default settings for this? Or did you edit how people earn and give reputation in the settings?

Though, the reputation bars in the Userinfo box are completely unrelated to the number of posts a user has.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• medved
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

Are you using the default settings for this? Or did you edit how people earn and give reputation in the settings?

Though, the reputation bars in the Userinfo box are completely unrelated to the number of posts a user has.
      I used the default, I think, because there is no user manual for that. So i didn't know how to use it. But then I realized the bars are filling up crazy fast. So i had to look into it. Some people had reputation power of 40. 15 likes from that person means 600 likes and the reputation bars are full. That is crazy. And I have a user with just 542 likes and his bars are already all full.

So I went to User Reputation Manager and edited it so that the highest reputation power is now 4.

But hat, I think, caused another big problem. Because now a person with 3400 likes according to settings in User Reputation Manager should be in level "is a splendid one to behold" (fourth from the top), BUT the forum shows that he is only in level "will become famous soon enough" (basically just third level from the positive bottom) in much lover level.

It looks like the website recalculated retroactively the total number of likes based on this new settings in User Reputation Manager. But in the adminCP under that user name there is still 3400 likes.

So i don't know what to do with it now. I will have to hire some external help for this, because it looks like competent people from vB 5 will not work on it maybe for another 5 years, if at all.

Comment