• zonaw
    • May 2013

Is Google penalizing large forums?

Here are some examples (acording to alexa.com):
    Anyone know what's going on?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I wouldn't worry about alexa's ranking at all. They're not that important.

Comment

• zonaw
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Zachery
      I wouldn't worry about alexa's ranking at all. They're not that important.
      Im not worried about alexa... im worried about my site losing 70% traffic

Any one else have the same problem?

Comment

• donald1234
        • Oct 2011
        • 4.1.x

Only google knows what the secrets of its alogorithm are but I would be surprised if the size of a site would have a negative effect, quite the opposite.

Having said that when a site gets to a certain size you can't just take your foot off the throttle and expect it to run itself, you need to be ahead of the game.

Comment

• Reignman
          • Dec 2011
          • 4.1.x

Yes, it does. Uniques of my forum decreased to 3.5-4K from 20K. And there is no sign of recovery.

Google, as a monopolistic company, abuses its powers. There is no transparency how search system works! What they care is "seo, seo, seo"! No one cares damn content!

In addition they started to show youtube videos on top of results for almost every search term. Leave Google to another Google Service! How nice! I don't know when somebody will say "stop" to these competition killers!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...