Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medved
    replied
    Originally posted by ProSportsForums
    Not really. If you copy and paste the link it looks identical to what was copied......
    Actually, that is not true. A copied link will change into strange characters when pasted. One sample is here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...A4%C3%B4%C5%88

Leave a comment:

• LockedOnLaw
    replied
    Originally posted by medved
    The problem is that when you copy and paste the link it looks like this: http://forum.com/forum/v%C5%A1%C31b%...C31b%C4%9Bn%C3

Got it?

Not really. If you copy and paste the link it looks identical to what was copied, by definition. What's specific to this request is RTL and non-UTF-8 character sets, neither of which apply to English, which is precisely why I asked for clarification of the issue. With the knowledge that it is, in fact, an actual issue for some vBulletin customers I'm happy to add my vote even if I'm not directly affected by the implementation of the request.

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    As far as I know votes do not guarantee that a feature will be implemented, but they are a good indicator to show what customers are asking for, so they can have a positive effect on the overall direction the product is heading to.

Leave a comment:

• JamalFree
    replied
    votes dont change any things i guess!!

Leave a comment:

• chris76423
    replied
    Voted for it.

Leave a comment:

• medved
    replied
    Originally posted by ProSportsForums
    The URLs are friendly to search engines. What's the problem?
    The problem is that when you copy and paste the link it looks like this: http://forum.com/forum/v%C5%A1%C31b%...C31b%C4%9Bn%C3

Got it?

Leave a comment:

• medved
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B
    There is no prospect in the foreseeable future of such a feature being added. vB5 already has "friendly URLs" to a level that suits most customers so it's not really going to be an urgent priority.
    Friendly URLs shouldn't be a priority, they should be standard. I thought this is there automatically. If I would have known that it is not there, I wouldn't even purchase this forum.
    Last edited by medved; Sat 15 Aug '15, 11:41am.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    commented on 's reply
    I voted too. It was at 78 when I last checked

• Luminia
    replied
    sorry, it was a stupid comment :P
    Last edited by Luminia; Mon 3 Aug '15, 3:57pm.

Leave a comment:

• JamalFree
    commented on 's reply
    with arabic url is very bad and lot of many problems ; we want to choose our urls format ,this a simple right of customers

• LockedOnLaw
    replied
    The URLs are friendly to search engines. What's the problem?

Leave a comment:

• napy8gen
    replied
    Mark B not only have deaf ears, now almost cannot see what the JIRA report is about

Leave a comment:

• JamalFree
    replied
    Originally posted by tzarsolomon
    Mark.B, have you seen how thats "friendly" URLs looks like on cyrilic or arabian ??? Its a trash.
    ya iagree with, but vb not!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• napy8gen
    commented on 's reply
    it is 76 votes now. I voted 1.

• tzarsolomon
    replied
    Mark.B, have you seen how thats "friendly" URLs looks like on cyrilic or arabian ??? Its a trash.

Leave a comment: