Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stryka
    • Aug 2002

Release Candidate 1 in the tracker

Looks like Release Candidate 1 is less than a couple weeks away... based on current beta iterations...

So there won't be any more new features until GOLD.....

I hope VB.org can start upgrading more plugins to fit VB5
  • hornstar6969
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

They are rushing things. It should still be in alpha personally and only coming to beta in the next few weeks. From that point it should stay in beta for months until it can reduce those bugs.

At the end of the day I didn't care as long as gold was really gold. However it is just feeling like vb4 all over right now.

Time will tell.
    Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

• Merenguista
      • Jul 2010
      • 5.3.x

What exactly means "Release Candidate" ?

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Merenguista
        What exactly means "Release Candidate" ?
        No new features only some few minor bug fixing are left.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• AlexanderT
          • Mar 2003

RC means it could actually qualify as the final release - unless some last show-stopper bugs show up.

Comment

• napy8gen
            • Jul 2001
            • 6.X

To answer your questions, all betas are considered release candidates until they aren't anymore and then the next beta is built. We haven't used the Release Candidate name on versions for quite a while now
            Looks like Wayne luke knew nothing what he talked about.
            And Now there is Release Candidate 1.

Anyway I am happy to see an RC rather than beta turn 30 series. But I hope it will not be long for a Gold. I do not hope for RC turn 28. I will die already. It is bad for my business and vbulletin solutions itself.
            If you are not pushing the software to live usage. Then you will never improve. A lot more people installing a lot of more bugs appear with a lot more improvement. With beta only few installed on live site.
            Get Our vbulletin 6 themes

Comment

• sukagwe
              • Aug 2012
              • 4.2.X

buying the application which is not usable for the live site is like MARRIED WITH THE WOMAN THAT YOU CAN'T SLEEP WITH HER

Comment

• In Omnibus
                • Apr 2010

I can't see anyone moving to vB5 in its present condition. As big a proponent as I have been of the software I do hope this is not the case.

Comment

• Super Cat
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 4.2.X

They got to be kidding. Gold isn't near in reality. Maybe being released as 4.0 gold, but not as pure gold. Only fools gold.

Since problems with beta 27 I decided to go back to 4.2 only to find out that when I upped my PHP version for 5.0 it isn't compatible with 4.2. So I have to go to a earlier php version. I've been patient but they really need to finished 4.2 now. Letting one unfinished product sit there while spending forever on another is pure bull. I don't care what they say, 5.0 isn't near Gold. They have now lost my trust in VB. Someone who has gone to bat for them through the whole process of 4.0 and 5.0. Buying both.

Comment

• Leinad_r
                    • Sep 2011

IMO it's GREAT that there's finally a RC (for all the vB4 customers)! Once they released vB5, the devs can go back to vB4 and improve it finally.

For vB5 clients it's very bad, because their ticket support time starts, even they don't use the product because it's "not ready"
                    but i'm a egoist with vB4 clients, so i can only say: "thx god"
                    Not sent from my iPhone and not using any browser attaching any 3rd party advertisement to my posts

Comment

• Ramsesx
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 3.8.x

Indeed, looks like RC1 is coming in 2-3 weeks after beta 28. Gold maybe in 5 weeks.
                      Guess dilbert or BirdOPRey5 will win the free license.

dilbert March 2, 2013 5:14pm GMT
                      BirdOPrey5 9:01 PM April 1st, 2013
                      Princeton July 23, 2013 9:00am

Comment

• durruti
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Leinad_r
                        For vB5 clients it's very bad, because their ticket support time starts, even they don't use the product because it's "not ready"
                        Ditto!
                        By the time you finally want to use it (a stable release a la vb4.2), you'll realize that you have no support ticket!

Comment

• hornstar6969
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by durruti
                          Ditto!
                          By the time you finally want to use it (a stable release a la vb4.2), you'll realize that you have no support ticket!
                          Which is why I chose not to buy it until it is ready. I knew IB would not fully learn.
                          Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

• HenrikHansen
                            • Jul 2004
                            • 3.8.x

If they release at RC1, vbulletin should have the guts to upgrade vbulletin.com forum with the release candiate 1. Otherwise, in my opinition, it will not be a proper release candidate.
                            Europanet.dk

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                              Indeed, looks like RC1 is coming in 2-3 weeks after beta 28. Gold maybe in 5 weeks.
                              Guess dilbert or BirdOPRey5 will win the free license.

dilbert March 2, 2013 5:14pm GMT
                              BirdOPrey5 9:01 PM April 1st, 2013
                              Princeton July 23, 2013 9:00am
                              I think dilbert has a lock on this- my entry was for amusement only- staff were not eligible to win.

NOTE- I have no idea when VB5 Gold will be released- just going off the same information you all have.

Comment