X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pommel
    • Nov 2009
    • 5.1.x

"Photos Only" - how does it work?

I bought vB5 mainly because of this feature which I have seen in a former beta of vB5 - but since a long time I haven't seen it even in the demo.

Actually in the demo there are some topics with photos but selecting the tab "Photos" nothing is shown.

So my questions are:
    - how to setup a forum like "photos only"
    - will it work better than in the demo or do we have an unresolved bug?
  • hornstar6969
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Pommel
    I bought vB5 mainly because of this feature which I have seen in a former beta of vB5 - but since a long time I haven't seen it even in the demo.

Actually in the demo there are some topics with photos but selecting the tab "Photos" nothing is shown.

So my questions are:
    - how to setup a forum like "photos only"
    - will it work better than in the demo or do we have an unresolved bug?
    On the demo change the filter from only showing you content from the past week to all time. That will show you content.
    Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

• Pommel
      • Nov 2009
      • 5.1.x

So easy, shame on me .... and does anybody know how to setup the "photos only" style?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

It isn't a style. It is a series of permissions. Under Channel Management -> Channel Permissions, you can turn off the different types of content in different channels. If you wanted a forum for only polls, you can require that the first post of any discussion is a poll. Removing the permission to add a content type, removes its tab.

Then in Site Builder, you would also edit the Activity Stream Module for the forum so that is shows the Photos tab first instead of Topics or Activity Stream. Save the page with its own layout using the forum name and it will only affect that forum. The other forums will stay with their default unless you save them to use a different layout or create a new one for them in Site Builder.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Pommel
          • Nov 2009
          • 5.1.x

Thank you for explanation, I will try it - and sorry fpr the very untechnical german use of "style"

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

No worries. You can do a lot of customization in a Style (a technical term in vBulletin) so wanted to make that clear.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Pommel
              • Nov 2009
              • 5.1.x

Thanks wayne, I got it.
              Now I have another question

As far as I can remember in "Photos Only" the first photo of a topic was shown and the rest of the topic photos after a click on it.
              Do I remember wrong?

And is it possible to use a small photo instead of an icon for a new topic?
              Last edited by Pommel; Thu 7 Feb '13, 10:13am.

Comment