• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nell2011
    • Sep 2011
    • 4.1.x

my first impressions

well..
    i think there is much more work to do before gold. Please do something with look@feel of vb5.

because from google webmaster forum, when i tested beta for seo they asked me " is it wordpress ?" or "drupal theme ? "

also, there are not enought modules to play with, not enought power to change forum look for admins easy even without css/php/html knowledge.
    vb5 with theme editor as on wix.com, this would be on great software.

i realy wanted to use it for one big discussion forum.. but ... not yet.
  • Masterblaster
    • Jan 2004

I also would like to start a new forum but I am not sure if I should wait for a stable gold release or just use vb4 until vb5 is running ok somehow. Is it possible to move from vb4 to vb5? and....I also hope that there will be some good options for the style of vb5, because it looks pretty boring.

Comment

• hornstar6969
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Masterblaster
      I also would like to start a new forum but I am not sure if I should wait for a stable gold release or just use vb4 until vb5 is running ok somehow. Is it possible to move from vb4 to vb5? and....I also hope that there will be some good options for the style of vb5, because it looks pretty boring.
      Yes you can upgrade vb4 to vb5. But mods and styles won't work from vb4 to vb5. They would need to be redone.
      Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

• IcEWoLF
        • Jul 2008
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Nell2011
        well..
        i think there is much more work to do before gold. Please do something with look@feel of vb5.

because from google webmaster forum, when i tested beta for seo they asked me " is it wordpress ?" or "drupal theme ? "

also, there are not enought modules to play with, not enought power to change forum look for admins easy even without css/php/html knowledge.
        vb5 with theme editor as on wix.com, this would be on great software.

i realy wanted to use it for one big discussion forum.. but ... not yet.
        Check out this thread and make suggestions about the UI here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...s-amp-Comments
        The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment