Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhiskeyOSS
    • Apr 2010

A gaming vb5 site not live

I have been working on this site its not live to the public for while yet we have been testing widget possibilitis and news feeds, even auto changing pages can be worked in. So far for the gaming side of websites vb5 has some really convienent possibities.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Arcade fourms.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	3725311Click image for larger version

Name:	Main pages.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	3725312
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Looks promising....just need to work on those white backgrounds.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
      • Apr 2010

Lmao I am sure with the right editor the vb5 ones can be fixed however the ones in the modules are set by the host of the news sites and there was not settings for the back grounds in them

Comment

• IcEWoLF
        • Jul 2008
        • 4.1.x

I wonder how much customization's can be done with the actual layout....lets hope not all vB5 forums look the same :P
        The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
          • Apr 2010

Wishful Thinking

I am going to say quite a bit I think if we could get rid of the 1/2 inch thick tops of the modules have a choice if the module name is displayed or not and not in a bar but in the corner of the module itself, and fix it so the module backgrounds can be customized a differnt color could be added to each of the boxes background or even be able to place text or a logo or an ad over a picture, things like that I am prolly thinking to far fetched but thats just my mind I used some code for a scrolling marqee on one of my test and found out that a simple </div> could cause some serious havok if its placed in the wrong place but yet it allowed the backgrounds of the modules to match my page background, I would like to find a way to be able to run some small programs like team speak inside of a page on my forums this would help create more traffic there would just be a way to sign into it right there in the forums and the user would not even have to exit them to join into it like bridge of some sort. I am not a coder so I can dream up stuff but I can not execute them. I am hoping that the issue with the modules or widgets background color is getting changed I so hate that grey back ground which shocks me that its grey and not off white like in the default and I lack the knowledge or skill to use an editor and fear I would just crash my site for the 100th time Lol..

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by IcEWoLF
          I wonder how much customization's can be done with the actual layout....lets hope not all vB5 forums look the same :P
          If The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com is your website that is one nice site... and I am almost at a loss of words to describe it makes me wonder if vb5 can even begin to look as good as that at this time

Comment

• IcEWoLF
            • Jul 2008
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by WhiskeyOSS
            I am going to say quite a bit I think if we could get rid of the 1/2 inch thick tops of the modules have a choice if the module name is displayed or not and not in a bar but in the corner of the module itself, and fix it so the module backgrounds can be customized a differnt color could be added to each of the boxes background or even be able to place text or a logo or an ad over a picture, things like that I am prolly thinking to far fetched but thats just my mind I used some code for a scrolling marqee on one of my test and found out that a simple </div> could cause some serious havok if its placed in the wrong place but yet it allowed the backgrounds of the modules to match my page background, I would like to find a way to be able to run some small programs like team speak inside of a page on my forums this would help create more traffic there would just be a way to sign into it right there in the forums and the user would not even have to exit them to join into it like bridge of some sort. I am not a coder so I can dream up stuff but I can not execute them. I am hoping that the issue with the modules or widgets background color is getting changed I so hate that grey back ground which shocks me that its grey and not off white like in the default and I lack the knowledge or skill to use an editor and fear I would just crash my site for the 100th time Lol..

- - - Updated - - -

If The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com is your website that is one nice site... and I am almost at a loss of words to describe it makes me wonder if vb5 can even begin to look as good as that at this time
            Thanks, I am trying to imagine how much I can do with vB5, I really need to see the CMS and see how much customization I can do with it.

I never go for default looks, I always want to go something outside of the box, heavy customization's.
            The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
              • Apr 2010

Site is now live

Comment

• gxbodybuilding
                • Jan 2013
                • 4.2.X

Whiskeyoss!!!
                You are the man. Ive seen some of your sites and you my friend have some talent!
                Im just happy to see yours and it lets me see There are a ton of options and things possible if a guy knows how. good job man

Comment