X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhiskeyOSS
    replied
    Originally posted by dustoff99
    @WhiskeyOSS

I run a gaming clan too, just wanted to offer a suggestion for your recruitment.

On my current vB4 site, I use this MOD: (Easy Forms v4.x)

When we upgrade to vB5, if the above hasn't updated his MOD, then we will try: (Advanced Application Forms)

I try to make it easy for the user to find out about us and then submit an application, post it in the appropriate forum and then we as a guild/clan approve or deny the application.

I just wanted to say thanks for posting your site, because I generated some ideas for my site based on yours. The skyrim workout was funny too =]
    Thank you for the comments,

Leave a comment:

• dustoff99
    replied
    @WhiskeyOSS

I run a gaming clan too, just wanted to offer a suggestion for your recruitment.

On my current vB4 site, I use this MOD: (Easy Forms v4.x)

When we upgrade to vB5, if the above hasn't updated his MOD, then we will try: (Advanced Application Forms)

I try to make it easy for the user to find out about us and then submit an application, post it in the appropriate forum and then we as a guild/clan approve or deny the application.

I just wanted to say thanks for posting your site, because I generated some ideas for my site based on yours. The skyrim workout was funny too =]

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeyOSS
    replied
    Originally posted by Griffin80
    Looks good mate I would change the facebook text at the top from light to dark so the text can be seen.

You can do this by editing the template called 'facebook_' cant remember the rest lol
    Cool thanks I have had some fun with the templates lol....
    actually that text next to facbook button comes from this code
    HTML Code:
    <CENTER><html>
    <head>
          <title>My Great Web page</title>
        </head>
        <body>

<div id="fb-root"></div>
          <script>
            // Load the SDK Asynchronously
            (function(d){
               var js, id = 'facebook-jssdk', ref = d.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
               if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
               js = d.createElement('script'); js.id = id; js.async = true;
               js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";
               ref.parentNode.insertBefore(js, ref);
             }(document));
          </script>

<div class="fb-like"></div>
        </body>
     </html> </center>
    thank you for pointing it out i did not notice it being so dark .
    Last edited by WhiskeyOSS; Mon 24 Dec '12, 2:32am.

Leave a comment:

• Sean James
    replied
    Looks good mate I would change the facebook text at the top from light to dark so the text can be seen.

You can do this by editing the template called 'facebook_' cant remember the rest lol

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeyOSS
    replied
    Originally posted by audiokid
    VB4 rocks compared, VB5 is beta and welcome opinions so we can improve it for everyone. Take a breath.
    areed for the time being

Leave a comment:

• audiokid
    replied
    VB4 rocks compared, VB5 is beta and welcome opinions so we can improve it for everyone. Take a breath.

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeyOSS
    replied
    Originally posted by Deimos
    I assume it's that strange black/grey one - http://www.sr-gamers.com/

"An internal error has occurred and the widget cannot be displayed."
    The widget is the who is online widget thats one for the professionals it does not work properly unless a person is logged in.
    you say strange we say we like it that way.. to each his own do you think..

- - - Updated - - -

I believe in Vbulletin I do not like the errors any more than anyone else but this is a beta and beta's have issues when the gold comes out is when the real judging can begin.
    untill then its just a bunch of empty words that have little to no meaning..
    VBulletin Rocks.. its my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• audiokid
    replied
    Sorry WhiskeyOSS, I have no interest in styles, I'm mainly interested in stability, security and functions. Blue and white is all I want for flare. I'm not doing this to impress anyone either. Its all about reading and learning without distraction for us. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to let vb know what I'm looking for ( if they care) and at the same time, if you care or not, I don't. Your example doesn't work for me. Its ugly and hard to stay focused on, and I'm not alone. If you don't like the opinion's, who cares right. I mean, what does this have to do with you and your direction or success. You are really happy and what we say means nothing right? A negative opinion is pointless or is it?

I hope VB5 gets better than your example and if there are styles to choose from, they are better than your example. Plain and simple. You posted it, take it or leave it. This is business, not pleasure or games to me at all. This is business.

Cheers!
    Last edited by audiokid; Sun 23 Dec '12, 7:03pm.

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeyOSS
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Style.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	3690925

I challenge you two to make a better looking style and dont just run your mouth put it up for all to see...
    this was our 3rd attempt so some or all of you saw our test styles.. we never once boasted so get on with it lets see what you have
    and with vb5 thank you very much...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Spinball
    What is the URL of your installation so I can take a look? Did you migrate from other forum software or is this a new site?
    the url is at the bottom of my post sr-gamers.com we migrated from vb4 to vb5

Leave a comment:

• audiokid
    replied
    Originally posted by soniceffect
    The look of the skin he has designed doesn't really have any baring whatsoever on whether he finds the software useful to him. I too think his skin needs a lot of work, however looking at how he has used the modules for his own purposed on his site in order to get the content he personally needs on his site I would say he is getting there. Not everyone has a visual eye for colour and design, I have to admit I don't myself however I tend to gather people around me who do in order to meet my goals. Supprised to be honest that you havent had a go at a customised skin on your own site, I can only guess you havent been doing this very long as its pretty bland.

Just to point out, the comment above is obviously being sarcastic by me. Just trying to put across that just because he hasnt got his skin right yet doesnt make him some amateur. Dont get me wrong he may well be, however he is raving about the software and just because his skin is not up to scratch doesnt mean the software isnt good.
    Point taken. However, if vb4 was stable enough in other mods or where it is surely headed, I may invest the time into a skin that is a bit more blah or unique for reading lol. Tech communities interested in content aren't interested in skins like they would be with a gaming forum. A skin with fancy colours is an enemy. Blue and white is by far the best. This is my 14 year at this. KISS is what builds busy sites from my POV. Which may be where VB5 is headed, dunno.
    Looking at the one in discussion however, the fonts look whacked and the layout is far from right, IMHO of course And why I took the time to look at "what Rocks" and comment on it after. I would bet money, the OP has not been doing this very long. Long enough to know using a beta version is not too bright either.

Not trying to be rude. I'm only being serious which no doubt is not for the sensitive kind.

Cheers!
    Last edited by audiokid; Sun 23 Dec '12, 4:46pm.

Leave a comment:

• soniceffect
    replied
    Originally posted by audiokid
    No disrespect intended, but what a disappointment followed by completely understanding why you are raving about it. I'm guessing you haven't been doing this very long. I couldn't take more than 5 sec looking at that mess and eye distortion. Its plain ugly
    The look of the skin he has designed doesn't really have any baring whatsoever on whether he finds the software useful to him. I too think his skin needs a lot of work, however looking at how he has used the modules for his own purposed on his site in order to get the content he personally needs on his site I would say he is getting there. Not everyone has a visual eye for colour and design, I have to admit I don't myself however I tend to gather people around me who do in order to meet my goals. Supprised to be honest that you havent had a go at a customised skin on your own site, I can only guess you havent been doing this very long as its pretty bland.

Just to point out, the comment above is obviously being sarcastic by me. Just trying to put across that just because he hasnt got his skin right yet doesnt make him some amateur. Dont get me wrong he may well be, however he is raving about the software and just because his skin is not up to scratch doesnt mean the software isnt good.

Ironically however, I may well join your forum tomorrow so glad you replied LOL
    Last edited by soniceffect; Sun 23 Dec '12, 4:29pm.

Leave a comment:

• audiokid
    replied
    No disrespect intended, but what a disappointment followed by completely understanding why you are raving about it. I'm guessing you haven't been doing this very long. I couldn't take more than 5 sec looking at that mess and eye distortion. Its plain ugly

Leave a comment:

• soniceffect
    replied
    Urgh. Wouldn't boast about that site.
    Skin certainly needs some work. However I would say for a site like his I can understand why he likes VB5. Creating just that main page is simple in vb5 and not simple at all in vb4 due to the sitebuilder and modules.

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    Hurts my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Spinball
    replied

Leave a comment: