X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joomlajon
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.8.x

Expand/Collapse in AdminCP

Just started the demo and made my first user error within seconds.

I wanted to look at settings, which is the first alternative. And clicked a couple of times on the text "Settings" and nothing happened. Then tested the little arrow and it expanded.

The error I did, I did because I expected that clicking on the text would take me to settings. I expected this because the text dominates my field of sight. I guess it is because of the new look, it invites to click the text and in my brain it was the logic alternetive. Even if the behaviour is the same as previous versions I did this error.

Since I am a user and did this error there is something that should be done to minimize this type of error. Either go with a new function and let the text be clickable, or do something with the graphic to indicate that the tiny tiny arrow has an interacitve function.

Usability for the win, and universal design. =)

/Jon
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

It should expand on double click
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

It has the same behavior it did in 3.X and 4.X... Double-click to expand or click on the arrow.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• joomlajon
        • Aug 2006
        • 3.8.x

Ok =)

Have looked a bit more now and many of the things that I think is bad on the design. That it's easier to create a new blog then actually find the blog you already have and post to that for example, is totally non locked and you can rearrange most parts easy. So most of my negative experiences with the demo, got blown away when I got the personal demo.

And for that organisation I am representing in this matter it looks perfect almost. Need to see the cms-ish kit also but looks like it is more like lego in the whole core, and therefore I kind of expecting it to be better then current sollution with the 4.2 version. =)

Looks better then first hinted, but the demo is a bit slow still but guessing that will be better as well further down the road.

/Jon

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Thanks for your feedback. It may be worth putting your thoughts on the blog issue into the Tracker as an improvement request.

Speed is still being worked on, along with many other things.

MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by joomlajon
            Have looked a bit more now and many of the things that I think is bad on the design. That it's easier to create a new blog then actually find the blog you already have and post to that for example,

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment