Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lostincable
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
    It is not 100% resolved, but the example I am talking about is that we made some fairly significant progress with a specific slow query in the api that was taking 7~ seconds to run on a million post forum. We've reduced the query time to .0064 seconds on average now.

Right now our top priority is performance. The staff who do the testing and development are all working hard to make sure the product is in a shape we can call gold.
    Thanks Zachery, can I suggest that in the next beta email as others have mentioned we get some sort of roadmap as to the speed issues.

I think personally its great to hear this type of information and some idea about how many bugs that are impacting speed that are outstanding would go a long way to putting peoples minds at ease.

I know for me personally it is pretty much the only hold up on purchasing a licence right now....

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Honestly, most of the issues are worked on in a top down list priority wise. You can see all of this information in jira, trying to compile it for end users would be pretty time consuming.

Issue are worked on/resolved based on priority rating and tier. http://tracker.vbulletin.com

Performance is at the top of the list. We're actively looking for ways to improve it (as a whole), as well as resolving issues people are reporting. We have some fairly dedicated beta/staff members who go some significant lengths to make sure we have good data.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Here is a JIRA Filter that kind of shows the process they are working with to resolve issues... It doesn't completely replicate it but it as close as we can provide in a single filter. Generally speaking, those issues at the top are what are being worked on first however the results of this filter changes daily. As they work off issues, they are removed. As new issues come in, they are prioritized and can shift the entire list. If an issue is a regression from a previous beta, it can move to the top of the list.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• lostincable
          • Mar 2009

So beta 20 is out but its still extremely slow in fact it seems to have taken a step backwards?

Am I missing something?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

I haven't experienced any slow downs myself. However server issues over the last week may have had an impact when you visit the demo. Testing, which occurs on a variety of different servers, shows consistent improvements. Performance is still an ongoing task though with additional improvements in the pipeline including query improvements in beta 21 and saving templates in the file system in an upcoming release.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• lostincable
              • Mar 2009

Cheers fort he prompt response wayne.

I am finding I have to open the demo forum and go and browse other sites while it loads its that slow its just not responsive like Vb4.

I am on a fast connection and have no other problems.

Comment

• soniceffect
                • Feb 2005
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by lostincable
                Cheers fort he prompt response wayne.

I am finding I have to open the demo forum and go and browse other sites while it loads its that slow its just not responsive like Vb4.

I am on a fast connection and have no other problems.
                Demo server isnt even close to representing the speed of vb5 unfortunatly. Dont get me wrong it still needs improvement but its nowhere near as slow as the demo would suggest.
                Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• cellarius
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Question remains: Why is that the case? IB probably has no interest in showcasing vB5 worse than it really is. And what makes customers sure it wont be just as slow on their server?

Comment

• Deimos
                    • Oct 2002
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by cellarius
                    Question remains: Why is that the case? IB probably has no interest in showcasing vB5 worse than it really is. And what makes customers sure it wont be just as slow on their server?
                    Isn't the VB5 demo hosted on the same server as this forum?

Comment

• oldz442
                      • Apr 2012

It's slower than the molasses in January.
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Deimos
                        • Oct 2002
                        • 3.8.x

Both forums have been sluggish for me for a long time now.
                        I am in the UK though, so perhaps it's latency, rather than poor software/overloaded server.

Comment

• notchopoppa
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by cellarius
                          No answer to this post in over a week is an answer in itself to me. I was thinking on vB5....gonna stick with 4 for now.

Comment

• rhens
                            • Sep 2012

you're worried about load speeds, when there are still over 1,000 bugs being addressed. fixing one bug can speed up these load times, while fixing another can slow them down. until 5.0 gets closer to gold status release, load speeds take a back seat

Comment

• Deimos
                              • Oct 2002
                              • 3.8.x

The website speed tester I ran, showed VB5 loading very fast indeed, but for me, it takes about 4-5 seconds to load

I wonder if there's a bottleneck or latency issue with different routes?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Deimos
                                The website speed tester I ran, showed VB5 loading very fast indeed, but for me, it takes about 4-5 seconds to load

I wonder if there's a bottleneck or latency issue with different routes?
                                Could be. The demo site does a full page load for me in less than 2 seconds when not connected to VPN. When I am connected to VPN, it takes about 5 seconds. I just chalk the VPN issue to the generally wonky speeds you get on an internal network with shared runs and a Bring Your Own Device policy.

Wayne Luke
                                vBulletin 5 API

Comment