Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My feedback: "Content is King"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by jdj View Post
    The 100% customizable "drag and drop" CMS of vB5 sounds great but unless I missed something in the recent announcements it's still not here today.
    Site Builder is in vBulletin 5 as it ships now. What is missing is the Article Publishing portion.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by soniceffect View Post
      To be fair, not everyone uses CMS. Also of those who do there are some who will be able to do without and others that can use the sitebuilder for the purpose for the time being.
      For those of us using the CMS at present, if we upgrade to vB5 we lose the content in our CMS. So we're in limbo.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Site Builder is in vBulletin 5 as it ships now. What is missing is the Article Publishing portion.
      That's what I mean by "The CMS". I use the Article Publishing Portion. Can't do anything with vB5 until the replacement arrives.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jdj View Post
        For those of us using the CMS at present, if we upgrade to vB5 we lose the content in our CMS. So we're in limbo.
        The articles won't be "lost", they will stay in the database until such time as the Article Management stuff is added.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

        Comment


        • #34
          One of the main components of a CMS is article publishing. So calling vb5 a CMS without it present is making CMS by vb's definition a vb only term.
          Vote for my suggestions here and here

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Solitaire View Post
            I purchased the suite for the CMS
            Exactly. You first purchased, or considered purchasing the forum software, and then thought to your self the additional features of the CMS might be worth purchasing as an add-on.
            You won't convince anyone you purchased the Suite because of the CMS, and thought to yourself that the forum was an add-on. Had your primary intention been to locate a CMS you'd have looked elsewhere. Wordpress and Joomla are free. The forum software was still the selling point, even with the vB4 Suite. vB5 may change that entirely. It has the potential to be so much more than forum software with a CMS.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ProSportsForums View Post
              Exactly. You first purchased, or considered purchasing the forum software, and then thought to your self the additional features of the CMS might be worth purchasing as an add-on.
              You won't convince anyone you purchased the Suite because of the CMS, and thought to yourself that the forum was an add-on. Had your primary intention been to locate a CMS you'd have looked elsewhere. Wordpress and Joomla are free. The forum software was still the selling point, even with the vB4 Suite. vB5 may change that entirely. It has the potential to be so much more than forum software with a CMS.
              No, I was familiar with vb and its management of users through work on forums that ran on their software. My primary objective when I bought 4.0 3 years ago was that I wanted a software that had a CMS, blogs, and groups.

              I have a client now who has 2 sites on Social Engine and has the same configuration with no forum. CMS, Blogs, Groups. Yea, Wordpress and Joomla are better CMS's but they are crap when it comes to building a community and user management. That is something that vb has always excelled in and the reason why their forums were always the best.
              Vote for my suggestions here and here

              Comment


              • #37
                My feedback: "Content is King"

                The CMS is what sold me on vb4 suite to upgrade from vb 3. So I can use one system instead of using vbadvanced portal. A lot of people wanted the CMS if it wasn't needed then why so many people was using vbadvanced portal.

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X