Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark99
    • Oct 2002

Top Pagination Only?

Hard to believe but after a month of looking on and off at the vB5 demo to see if it improves I've only now just realised that most of the test topics actually have more than one page. The reason is because like most people I have adapted to instincively look for the next page / page number at the bottom. I always read from oldest post at the top to newest at the bottom and thus expect the next page link or number to logically show up at the bottom too, but in the vB5 demo it doesn't?

I trust this will be something we can change in the admin CP as it's kind of a common / basic expectation.

Also, nice to see the demo speed improving but it's still quite Java heavy and some pages seem to take 3-4 seconds before they come up (the index page in particular). Far.. far too slow given how basic it appears to look. More work also needed on the SEO front as I'm not convinced that the current demo does a better job than vB4. Most of us just want a clean, fast an efficient piece of forum software that is easy to integrate.

One final point, the one-page registration solution that vB4 provided was a lot easier for end-users and ideally I'd like to see the Date of Birth aspect placed at the top of the main form, perhaps with the form fields below greyed out until done. This just looks a bit more practical but that's IMO only.
  • mark99
    • Oct 2002

So is there an option for bottom pagination too?

Also the total number of pages should ideally show next to or under the topic index summary in a forum. IMO.

Comment

• mactep
      • Feb 2013
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by mark99
      So is there an option for bottom pagination too?

Also the total number of pages should ideally show next to or under the topic index summary in a forum. IMO.
      I have ecactly the same question. I hope someone will replay.
      Burgas Forum

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

At this time, pagination is only available at the top.

I'm pretty sure this will be improved at some point, though I do not know when at this stage.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Bottom pagination added in RC1:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• mactep
            • Feb 2013
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            Bottom pagination added in RC1:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-3834
            It is a great news!
            Burgas Forum

Comment