• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alfanexus
    • Dec 2008
    • 5.5.x

Do you understand...

Hi everyone

Please take a look at this issue http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4724 Can you understand what I am trying to suggest here or am I really that bad in my description It seems Sebastiano just dont get what I am trying to say, so he keeps closing it as "unable to reproduce it". I know that I am too strong at my english. Any help on making this clear is apreciated.
  • soniceffect
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.X

Must admit Im not sure either m8. Maybe screenshot and highlight what you can see? May help us to understand what it is you are seeing.
    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Subscribing to individual posts is not subscribing to a user. What you're suggesting is not within the design of the software. I subscribe to every thread I post in. It doesn't mean that I want to subscribe to every person in those threads. That would make the system worthless.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• alfanexus
        • Dec 2008
        • 5.5.x

Thanks for your feedback. Looks like my description is too porly explained.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Subscribing to individual posts is not subscribing to a user. What you're suggesting is not within the design of the software. I subscribe to every thread I post in. It doesn't mean that I want to subscribe to every person in those threads. That would make the system worthless.
        Yes that would make no sense, but that is not what I mean

I will try again:

The purpose of the Subscriptions page is to get an overview of my subscriptions, that can be members, channels or topics. Right?

The purpose of the Subscribers page is to get an overview of who is subscribing to my content. People can subscribe to me as a member, to my channels (My blog or my group) or to my topics. Right?
        Now Subscriptions show everything that I am subscribing to (members, topics, channels). Perfect!

But the Subscribers page only show when someone is subscribing to me as a member. But I can not see if anyone is subscribing to my channels (my blog) or my topics. Why?

Most of the time people will not follow a member, but maybe just the members blog or some of the members topics. But as a member I have no idea that someone is actually interested in my blog or topics because they are not listed under subscribers the same way as it is under subscriptions.

I hope this was more clear.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

For blogs, you can monitor the subcribers within the administrative controls of the blog itself. Since users can have multiple blogs and blogs can have multiple owners, this is probably the best way to monitor that.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• alfanexus
            • Dec 2008
            • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            For blogs, you can monitor the subcribers within the administrative controls of the blog itself. Since users can have multiple blogs and blogs can have multiple owners, this is probably the best way to monitor that.
            Yes the administrative blog controls give an option to see and manage subscribers, and I think its okay since this also have something to do with the blog management. But I really still feel it would be best if subscribed blogs and subscribed topics was also listed in the subscribers page, since this is what most users would expect since both members, topics and channels are displayed in the subscriptions page.
            It would be more consistent and userfriendly if subscriptions and subscribers displayed all 3 subscription types.

Else

Subscriptions should be divided up in content subscriptions (channels and topics) and followers (members). Then you would have a subscriptions tab + following tab + followers tab. This would really make much more sense, and
            would be easy to understand for the average user.

Update: Actually I think the last solution about dividing the overwiev of subscribed content and subscribed members i two, it much better so I will change my report to that.
            Last edited by alfanexus; Fri 12 Oct '12, 3:32am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...