X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christ2000
    • Jul 2009

I think we the customer, must be to know the TRUTH

I think we the customer must be know the true, vbulletin has become complete different, different look, slow performance, bad code, CHANGE OF PRICE, why if you launch a new product you low the price? maybe is a bad product thant older versions?, something more than a new version is hide here, i dont know if vbulletin lost the programers, or if the company is out of businnes, but here we have as we say in spanish, GATO ENCERRADO
  • oldz442
    • Apr 2012

You can't handle the truth!

Sorry... couldn't resist.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I think you're preaching to the choir here.

Comment

• Ace
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by christ2000
        I think we the customer must be know the true, vbulletin has become complete different, different look, slow performance, bad code, CHANGE OF PRICE, why if you launch a new product you low the price?
        Based on this, you appear to have gotten a discount on your upgrade.

The truth is, it's a beta. Much like you were told in your last complaining thread. That's not changed, you can just go back and read Wayne's reply again and again, rather than starting new threads.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Mondy
          • Apr 2008
          • 3.6.x

+1

Perhaps we should all continue sulking, whining and whinge until vB6 is released, ensuring we open hundreds of threads on the same gripes and to protract our declarations of how bad things are for as long as we possibly can...

Is that what all these moaners allow to happen in their own forums I wonder....
          http://gblcg.com - The Business of Your Future - Strategy Redefined.

Comment

• DoDeH1
            • Jan 2008
            • 4.2.X

Writing that the vb5 is not good, that it has bugs and etc. it means that there is interest in it

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

I think we the customer must be know the true, vbulletin has become complete different, different look, slow performance, bad code, CHANGE OF PRICE, why if you launch a new product you low the price? maybe is a bad product thant older versions?, something more than a new version is hide here, i dont know if vbulletin lost the programers, or if the company is out of businnes, but here we have as we say in spanish, GATO ENCERRADO
              Complaints about lowering the price now? Unbelievable.

To answer your other points, the current product is clearly marked as BETA and NOT READY FOR PRODUCTION SITES.
              The company is involving all its customers in gaining feedback and identifying and fixing bugs during a long beta period.
              I applaud this because when vB4 came out of beta it wasn't ready and caused all sorts of problems. This is as different to that as it's possible to be.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• beishe8
                • Oct 2005
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
                To answer your other points, the current product is clearly marked as BETA and NOT READY FOR PRODUCTION SITES.
                The company is involving all its customers in gaining feedback and identifying and fixing bugs during a long beta period.
                They should not call an alpha product as "Beta".
                It's very far from the planned Forum-CMS-Blog-PLUS(Connect)

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• AlexanderT
                  • Mar 2003

I applaud this because when vB4 came out of beta it wasn't ready and caused all sorts of problems. This is as different to that as it's possible to be.
                  vB5 isn't out of beta. Only once it's out of beta one can judge if it is "as different to that as it's possible to be".

Comment

• Yves R.
                    vBulletin QA
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 5.6.X

Complaints about lowering the price now? Unbelievable.
                    Haters gonna hate

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• christ2000
                      • Jul 2009

Yeah oh right but we have gato encerrado if not time to time.

Comment

• In Omnibus
                        • Apr 2010

And here I was, positive the software made donuts and coffee. Of course, if I had read the forums and the articles and the manual and the Jira I would have known it doesn't.

This is the substance of every complaint thread on vB5 ... or rather the lack of substance.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Prices on products change for a large variety of reasons...

1) Costs associated with the product change.
                          2) Experimenting with market saturation.
                          3) To provide a better value.
                          4) Customer feedback.
                          5) and many more.

All of these can be considered a factor that you're now paying lower prices per license compared to the vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...