ETA on release date for the official version will be out??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GamerPerfection
    • Feb 2006
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by AlexanderT
    Understood. But vBulletin 5 Connect "coming later this year" still applies?
    Technically it is here already, in BETA form.
    http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/gp-bar.png http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/facebook-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/twitter-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/youtube-32.png

Comment

• Super Cat
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Lawrence Cole
      That was once our intention. It may happen yet; however, product quality and bug burn down will supersede any dates moving forward.
      Thank You. That is what I wanted to here. So Gold is out tomorrow. Just kidding, please don't go gold until it is platinum.

Comment

• woffie
        • Jan 2009
        • 4.0.x

If it is like vB4, it wont be gold until 5.2

Comment

• Super Cat
          • Jan 2005
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by woffie
          If it is like vB4, it wont be gold until 5.2
          Difference is, they are getting bugs out now before adding features. 4.0 was a disaster because every addition of features added 100's of bugs. hard for find the bugs when you give them so many places to hide.

Comment

• Deimos
            • Oct 2002
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Super Cat
            Difference is, they are getting bugs out now before adding features. 4.0 was a disaster because every addition of features added 100's of bugs. hard for find the bugs when you give them so many places to hide.
            True, but there weren't exactly many NEW features added to VB4, it was like VB3, with a new skin.
            So how on earth did they add so many bugs to that release? that's what I wonder.

Comment

• soniceffect
              • Feb 2005
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Deimos

True, but there weren't exactly many NEW features added to VB4, it was like VB3, with a new skin.
              So how on earth did they add so many bugs to that release? that's what I wonder.
              This was a supprise to me also and one of the reasons i initially ditched vb4. Vb5 however is a massive massive change so to me honest im not supprised its buggy. Just lookin forward to the day i can say vb5 is right. Honestly not bothered when that is and if gold wasnt till 2015 it wouldnt bother me as long as its right (ok 2015 might be pushin it lol)
              Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• Super Cat
                • Jan 2005
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by soniceffect
                This was a supprise to me also and one of the reasons i initially ditched vb4. Vb5 however is a massive massive change so to me honest im not supprised its buggy. Just lookin forward to the day i can say vb5 is right. Honestly not bothered when that is and if gold wasnt till 2015 it wouldnt bother me as long as its right (ok 2015 might be pushin it lol)
                If it isn't gold, that isn't pushing it. Pikes Peaks or Bust.

Comment

• jdj
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 5.1.x

Originally posted by soniceffect
                  This was a supprise to me also and one of the reasons i initially ditched vb4. Vb5 however is a massive massive change so to me honest im not supprised its buggy.
                  That's why you release a product like this; the bigger the change, the more innovations and the more code you write the more bugs there will be. So you let it loose so that the market can test if for you, effectively being part of your development programme.

I haven't got a problem with this approach, it's better that it's tested and that it works. The only thing is not having even approximate timelines (this year? next year? 2014?) makes it very difficult to plan the development of your own site. And for those of us using both CMS and calendar we can't get involved in testing it now as we'd just be wasting our time.

Comment

• Sean James
                    • Apr 2004

I'm really liking the new vBulletin the more I play with it, all I hope for is that when it goes gold the stylevars system is completely finished.
                    Bluepearl Skins - vBulletin 4 & 5 Skins

Comment

• Super Cat
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Griffin80
                      I'm really liking the new vBulletin the more I play with it, all I hope for is that when it goes gold the stylevars system is completely finished.
                      Agree.

Comment

• miner
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Griffin80
                        +1 agree 100%, designer friendly and more organized manner.

Comment