Very clever. I see what ya did there
    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• rexxxy
      • Feb 2010
      • 4.2.X

I'm sorry, I just don't like this...

Soniceffect do you work for IB?

Everyone that offer constructive criticism you jump on them saying its good. The new project manager don't even comment on anything like how Allen use to and explain the concept and method behind the design.

125 new feature mentioned however the staff can't even provide the list out of fear it won't be completed or state it wasn't official and scraped again.

Do you really think people want to see Vb/IB fail (maybe a few) for the most part people like Scott and slinky is heavily invested in vbulletin and genuinely care about the product improving.

Beta or not how many times has vb.com or other live sites run beta. While it was not recommended to do it, it was stable enough to be done.

IMO The layout looks so basic and plain. I haven't play with the site builder so I can't comment on it .

Comment

• Ace
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by rexxxy

Everyone that offer constructive criticism you jump on them saying its good. The new project manager don't even comment on anything like how Allen use to and explain the concept and method behind the design.

125 new feature mentioned however the staff can't even provide the list out of fear it won't be completed or state it wasn't official and scraped again.

Do you really think people want to see Vb/IB fail (maybe a few) for the most part people like Scott and slinky is heavily invested in vbulletin and genuinely care about the product improving.

Beta or not how many times has vb.com or other live sites run beta. While it was not recommended to do it, it was stable enough to be done.

IMO The layout looks so basic and plain. I haven't play with the site builder so I can't comment on it .
        1. Why assume that somebody who has detailed and good things to say about the software is a shill?

2. Which new Project Manager?
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Yves R.
          vBulletin QA
          • Nov 2003
          • 5.6.X

Why everyone who like vB5 must be a paid person by IB?
          Why no one can have positive feedback without any specific IB relation?
          Why everyone must have bad feedback?

It's not because YOU don't like it others must NOT like it....

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• soniceffect
            • Feb 2005
            • 4.2.X

No I dont work for vbulletin. In fact I will tell you right off I have switched forum software 3 times in 2 years (one of them from vb4 when it first launched) because I was unhappy. I am certainly not someone to say that I like something if I dont.

I think despite what people may think, not everyone hates the look of vb5, not everyone cannot see the advantages in some of the things vb5 offers. I dont jump on constructive ctitisism at all, I answer questions. Scott asked a question and I answered it. Is there some problem with that?

Besides, the same could be said for every positive thread on the forum with yourself.

Ask yourself a question. Because you dont like something and feel that you dont like the product because of xyz, does that mean that I cannot feel the opposite way?

I have stated over and over and over and over again like a broken record that there are also things I do not like about vb5. The bugs for starters, however Im about to write off a software in beta stage because of bugs. The performance is another and again Im not about to write off a peice of software in beta stage due to performance. The CSS at present is terrible, but again Im not gonna write off a peice of software in beta because of that either. Once it goes live if its in the same stage, then yes I will certainly have some quarms with the company.

Just because people on here seem to be of a completely negative nature (and lets be honest, people are like that on this forum and its somewhat childish) doesnt mean that I have to be. When someone says something that is bad, I will agree with them. When someone says something is good I will agree with them. However the situation at the moment with all the neg heads on here is that when something is bad they complain, and when something is good they find something in it to pull apart with a fine needle.

I am very polite, I give my opinion. Nothing more than that. Just because my opinion is different to that of your own doesnt make it wrong. It makes it a differing opinion.

Comment

• wave-rice
              • Feb 2011
              • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Ace
              1. Why assume that somebody who has detailed and good things to say about the software is a shill?

2. Which new Project Manager?
              2. Mark Jean is the Project Manager for vBulletin 5.
              Last edited by wave-rice; Sun 7 Oct '12, 11:03am. Reason: Corrected name.
              Aakif Nazir

Comment

• Ace
                • Apr 2004
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Aakif Nazir
                2. Kevin Sours is the Project Manager for vBulletin 5 instead of Allen.
                Indeed he is.

In that case, we must have an entirely different definition of the word "new".
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• vijayninel
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 3.8.x

I dont think rexxxy or anyone else actually believes that soniceffect is being paid by IB. It was probably just his manner of speaking to put a point across.

Some people must surely like vB5 but I would like to say that fanboys can do much damage to the image of the product and put many neutral customers off. This happened on a competing forum softwares site where the fanboys used to jump at any criticism and kept imposing their own 'positive' views. This put off many people and reduce sales for that company. Moderators should handle criticism but they should understand that fanboys too can cause much damage to the company as well.
                  www.erodov.com :cool:

Comment

• rexxxy
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 4.2.X

Why everyone who like vB5 must be a paid person by IB?

It was a rhetorical question I seen his post enough to know that he doesn't

Why no one can have positive feedback without any specific IB relation?

No one is objecting to positive feedback. However jumping on people because they think differently (negative) is a problem too

Why everyone must have bad feedback?

I've never stated this because I'm an objective person. That's why I miss posts like what Allen use to do to show us the way forward and turn around vb4

It's not because YOU don't like it others must NOT like it.

I never once stated I like or dislike it. I see some things I don't like and some things about i do like. My only concern is VB delivering in a timely manner

Comment

• Doug Brott
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 3.6.x

vB5 still isn't ready (duh!), but I kinda like the look. What I don't like is that my main forum has an internal error and I can't figure out why. I suspect it will be a few months before this is ready for prime time.

I do think that the configuration changes should be in a single config.php file. Most people only need to make a few changes and having them in two separate files only makes things more complicated. It also needs to be made very, very, very, very clear that an upgrade is a "start over." Even though it was written on the forums here, the readme file in the installation somewhat suggests that overwriting the existing vB4 files as part of an upgrade is the way to go. Considering that that is what I've been doing the past few years, it makes sense (to me) to continue doing that. It should be highlighted in double-bold written 5 times that you should start with a fresh directory before doing the upgrade.

It would also be nice if there were some sort of permission checker script. Maybe it can't be created due to complexity, but I know that I'm not the only one with this issue so there must be something that can be done.

Lastly, the new site seems "slow" once I got in. Hopefully this is just a function of circumstances at the moment. I can't seem to get the styles to work right (thus causing pages to look wrong and fail to fully load).

Comment

• soniceffect
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 4.2.X

Why are people completely missing the point? I am being spoke about as if I suddenly jumped on the thread with my views of why I like vbulletin v5. When in fact I put across my points of why I like the product because Scott specifically asked for comments from people who like the product. Am I completely missing something here? This fanboy ditched vbulletin 4 for IPB because when it was released it was sh**. I ditched IPB because there are annoying bugs that never get fixed from version to version. I ditched xenforo because the company as far as I can see it is all but dead. Now I am back on vbulletin for that reason. VB4 has improved but IMO looks very dated and ugly, however I like vb5. Whats the problem?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Aakif Nazir

2. Kevin Sours is the Project Manager for vBulletin 5 instead of Allen.
                          Kevin is the lead developer. Mark Jean is the overall Project Manager for vBulletin, including vBulletin 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wave-rice
                            • Feb 2011
                            • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            Kevin is the lead developer. Mark Jean is the overall Project Manager for vBulletin, including vBulletin 4.

My bad. Corrected it
                            Aakif Nazir

Comment

• soniceffect
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

The oracle strikes back LOL

Comment

• Paul M
                                Former Lead Developer
                                vB.Com & vB.Org
                                • Sep 2004

Soniceffect do you work for IB?.
                                Do you work for IPB / Xenforo ?

Do you really think people want to see Vb/IB fail
                                Yes.
                                Baby, I was born this way

Comment