Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galerio
    • Jan 2011

Show the number of querys

Ok, now this VB5 starts to be a good product, I've just seen the responsive style and... wow!!! I want it!!!!!!!!!!

But can you add in the footer a simple line where it shows the number of querys? In this way we can all see the improvements of the code. Or just enable the debug for all of us who want to see it.
  • Stallyon
    • Mar 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by galerio
    Ok, now this VB5 starts to be a good product, I've just seen the responsive style and... wow!!! I want it!!!!!!!!!!

But can you add in the footer a simple line where it shows the number of querys? In this way we can all see the improvements of the code. Or just enable the debug for all of us who want to see it.
    If you have your own licence, you can change to to debug mode in the config file and see the queries run and time taken to generate the output.

If it's anything like the old version 3.x/4.x just add the line

PHP Code:
    $config['Misc']['debug'] = 1
    to the config.php file. Don't take this as gospel tho, because I have been unable to get my own licence yet due to a glitch.
    A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
    vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

• galerio
      • Jan 2011

I don't have a license, that's why I want to see the number of querys in the demo before to buy.

Comment

• Yves R.
        vBulletin QA
        • Nov 2003
        • 5.6.X

There is no plan to turn debug on on the demo.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• Andy
          • Jan 2002
          • 4.1.x

The debug in vB5 doesn't show queries, it shows Asserts which is suppose to be the same thing. Unfortunately the Asserts are not shown on anything but the thread display page and it always shows 0.

Please vote to have this fixed.

Comment

• borbole
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Andy
            The debug in vB5 doesn't show queries, it shows Asserts which is suppose to be the same thing. Unfortunately the Asserts are not shown on anything but the thread display page and it always shows 0.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4777
            Just out of curiosity, should a bug get voted in order to be fixed?

Comment

• TLMD
              • Sep 2012
              • 5.6.X

The debug in vB5 doesn't show queries, it shows Asserts which is suppose to be the same thing.
              Is that true?

Unfortunately the Asserts are not shown on anything but the thread display page and it always shows 0.
              It's not 0 on all pages here on my test installation. In fact it differs, however it's always 100+.
              (Oh wait, the correct smilie here is: )

Comment

• tickedon
                • Jan 2004
                • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3

Originally posted by borbole
                Just out of curiosity, should a bug get voted in order to be fixed?
                That is how they do things here. No votes = management treat it as not important. Some votes = vague chance they might actually fix it.
                Alasdair Stewart || SolidPHP, Inc - www.solidphp.com
                # License, distribute and sell your PHP scripts - SPBAS licensing solution
                # Does your licensing provider have over 5 years of experience?

★ STOP PRESS! Click here for my FAQ on the changes for existing customers

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Votes are currently not being considered at all. This may change at some point but today its no something we take into account.

Debug mode when enabled in both the front and backend config files shows the number of asserts just fine.

Comment

• Andy
                    • Jan 2002
                    • 4.1.x

In order to get the Asserts number to show, you have to set two switches.

1) /core/includes/config.php

// This allows you to enter debug mode, which is for support or development
                    // to help understand how pages are built. This should NEVER be enabled in
                    // a live environment.
                    $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;

and

2) /config.php

// This setting enables debug mode, it should NEVER be used on a live site
                    $config['debug'] = true;

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4777
                      Turn on debug mode in both core and presentation config files.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment