Why dont you use vB5 on this forum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why dont you use vB5 on this forum?

It is the question!.. It is so slow and there is no CMS system and you want more than 200$ !!! Are you crazy!?

Because its not yet ready for an upgraded live site as stated in the announcement. Betas are never recommended to be running on a live site. End of the day if you dont want it till its out of beta, buy it when it is out of beta
    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

I guess you missed all the times they pointed out the version is in BETA..
      vBulletin Hosting - Building my Automotive Forum Network...
      vBulletin FAQ - Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - Car Audio Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum
      Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum - Willys and Jeep Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Zeky View Post
        It is the question!.. It is so slow and there is no CMS system and you want more than 200$ !!! Are you crazy!?
        Because it is BETA software. It has bugs, and needs fixes. vBulletin have said that you shouldn't use a BETA software on a live site. If you want it STABLE, buy it when it is STABLE.

Comment

In vbulletin land

beta = pre-alpha
          gold = beta1

so you will not see it around here for a while. This to me looks like a classic case of management rushing out another undeveloped product. I was shocked to see how vb5 beta ran. I thought after the vb4 mishaps that the vb5 beta would be quite polished and intriguing. It actually send me shopping for other forum products after what I saw.

Comment

oh please how many times this site been updated to beta. Lets not sugar coat the answer, the software wasn't stable enough to handle vb.com

Comment

Originally posted by rexxxy View Post
              the software wasn't stable enough to handle vb.com
              That's what everyone just said above ....
              It's a beta that isnt ready for a Live site such vb.com.

In fact, you probably could get away with it in a small [or new] site, but entirely at your own risk.
              Baby, I was born this way

Comment