Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zeky
    • Feb 2009

Why dont you use vB5 on this forum?

It is the question!.. It is so slow and there is no CMS system and you want more than 200$ !!! Are you crazy!?
  • soniceffect
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.X

Because its not yet ready for an upgraded live site as stated in the announcement. Betas are never recommended to be running on a live site. End of the day if you dont want it till its out of beta, buy it when it is out of beta
    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• joeychgo
      • Mar 2004

I guess you missed all the times they pointed out the version is in BETA..
      Building my Automotive Forum Network...
      Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

• liamwli
        • Feb 2012
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zeky
        It is the question!.. It is so slow and there is no CMS system and you want more than 200$ !!! Are you crazy!?
        Because it is BETA software. It has bugs, and needs fixes. vBulletin have said that you shouldn't use a BETA software on a live site. If you want it STABLE, buy it when it is STABLE.

Comment

• sross
          • Mar 2004

In vbulletin land

beta = pre-alpha
          gold = beta1

so you will not see it around here for a while. This to me looks like a classic case of management rushing out another undeveloped product. I was shocked to see how vb5 beta ran. I thought after the vb4 mishaps that the vb5 beta would be quite polished and intriguing. It actually send me shopping for other forum products after what I saw.

Comment

• rexxxy
            • Feb 2010
            • 4.2.X

oh please how many times this site been updated to beta. Lets not sugar coat the answer, the software wasn't stable enough to handle vb.com

Comment

• Paul M
              Former Lead Developer
              vB.Com & vB.Org
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by rexxxy
              the software wasn't stable enough to handle vb.com
              That's what everyone just said above ....
              It's a beta that isnt ready for a Live site such vb.com.

In fact, you probably could get away with it in a small [or new] site, but entirely at your own risk.
              Baby, I was born this way

Comment