Is it worth to report bugs at this time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Is it worth to report bugs at this time?

Since vB 5 beta 10 is the latest release that is available for download by now and we all know there are a whole lot of bugs in it, is it even worth/helpful to report bugs at this time? I mean, one could start typing in the morning until it gets dark outside again and on the next day there still would be enough to report...

Ok, this may be a little exaggeration (Is it? ), but it is a serious question: Does it make sense?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Yes, report bugs. The longer bugs go unreported the longer they take to fix.

Comment

• TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

For the time vB 5 being in beta status: Does a release plan exist, when new beta versions will be available for download? Since those beta versions aren't "official releases", usual QA concerns before releasing a new version might not exist. Or are there no decisions made towards this yet, and we might get beta x at some day, but not every new version until vB 5 goes gold?

I ask this because for bug reporting it would be helpful not to have an absolutely outdated version of vB5 installed.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

QA is testing the software in beta. You should report bugs you find period, or comment on bug reports that you are running into.

You do not have an absolutely outdated version of vB5. There is an internal version undergoing some testing right now, but that is besides the point.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

There will be further betas released however they may not be on a specific schedule
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• soniceffect
            • Feb 2005
            • 4.2.X

Absolutly 100% categorically yes Get em all fired in jira.
            Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• Andy
              • Jan 2002
              • 4.1.x

I'm having a real difficult time searching Jira for existing bugs. Does the Query field allow quoting words to find an exact phrase?

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Andy
                I'm having a real difficult time searching Jira for existing bugs. Does the Query field allow quoting words to find an exact phrase?
                I think Boolean and prhasing matching "something here" are all supported in jira. Problem is typically everyone has their own description/idea of what something is.

Comment

• Andy
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                  I think Boolean and prhasing matching "something here" are all supported in jira. Problem is typically everyone has their own description/idea of what something is.
                  I should have checked, yes quoted text is allowed. You're right though, because everyone uses different terms finding existing issues is very difficult. What we need is a PM area where we can ask the Jira team if an issue already exists.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Do your best to search, if after a few searches you're not finding what you want, entering a jira, and having someone resolve it as duplicate is likely less work.

Comment

• soniceffect
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Andy
                      Hey dont worry your not the only one LOL. I think to be honest its a special art only ever perfected by Wayne. The guy seems to be a genious on that thing

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

JIRA works best when searching one or two words and then using the fields on the left to pare down the results. So, I type in my words and search. Then narrow that to vBulletin 5. From there, I'll select a component and narrow further. Then I may check a particular version or narrow it just to unresolved bugs etc....

Eventually, I get it down to a workable list and I can see if my issue is there. Some people Allen Lin, can write this out in the advanced search window but I haven't gotten to that level yet.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• soniceffect
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          JIRA works best when searching one or two words and then using the fields on the left to pare down the results. So, I type in my words and search. Then narrow that to vBulletin 5. From there, I'll select a component and narrow further. Then I may check a particular version or narrow it just to unresolved bugs etc....

Eventually, I get it down to a workable list and I can see if my issue is there. Some people Allen Lin, can write this out in the advanced search window but I haven't gotten to that level yet.
                          Cheers Wayne, gonna have a play now

EDIT: Much easier. A a little more confident my bug report isnt already in there this time (until you guys find it that is LOL)
                          Last edited by soniceffect; Fri 21 Sep '12, 3:03pm.

Comment