X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zascok
    • Jul 2012
    • 3.8.x

A quick question about CMS

Just was wondering. When everything else is buided -up to become a thread in the forum. It seems perfectly logical for as called "articles-to come" to use the same technique. The question: are the articles that will replace CMS would be similar to blogs' entries or album pictures? In other words are those going to be forum threads? ( I really would support that one tho)
  • Solitaire
    • Oct 2010
    • 4.0.x

Are you talking about the duplication that is already in place with vb4 when you create and article and it creates the forum thread with a link to the article at the same time? Or are you talking about styling and function? I certainly hope articles will not be similar to blogs, albums, or forum threads in vb5. We need more styling options for our articles, and they need to stand apart from the forum. Otherwise, why even have a CMS?
    Vote for my suggestions here and here

Comment

• zascok
      • Jul 2012
      • 3.8.x

No just a duplication, not the style. Im not a fun of postbit_legacy used everywhere either. If be more precise about one entry that is both a thread and article.

Comment

• jerde
        Banned
        • Jun 2010
        • 4.2.X

They need to make the CMS more wordpress like and overhaul the comment system so that users can interact easier. As of now, the CMS has no ability to lure in a reader to interact.

Also, they need to get rid of the forum promote thread feature which is only creating double content, and hurts a site's SEO.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...