X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zero477
    • Jan 2012

Super Slow

Hello Guys,

I feel that the demo is very slow. When I post something a "Working" message appears and I can wait up to 10 seconds before something happens.
  • oldz442
    • Apr 2012

You want fast? Check out www.ar15.com. IIRC, they use a complete custom setup. Viewing pages is faster than a jackrabbit on a date (at least for me).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by zero477
      Hello Guys,

I feel that the demo is very slow. When I post something a "Working" message appears and I can wait up to 10 seconds before something happens.
      yes we know. There have been quite a number of threads on this very issue in the past. We're working on improving the software's performance.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Alien
        • Jul 2000

What was strange, was it was dreadfully slow to start for a few days.

Then, something happened where it was super-fast for about 36-48 hours. Now, it's the slowest I remember seeing it.

Someone was clearly working on something at some point on that demo location. I tried new browsers (to rule out caching) and it was still super-quick to load. The only thing that remained slow was, for example on the index page, it loaded content of other stuff (like tags, latest activity) then snapped/jumped to show the forums and categories. There is a lot of jumping throughout the entire site when multiple tabs/sections are available.
        -Jason / WTF.com

"I think I've been quite clear that the new style will be in vB4." - Allen Lin / February 16, 2012

Comment

• zascok
          • Jul 2012
          • 3.8.x

Cashing on server side https://www.varnish-cache.org/about

Originally posted by Alien
          What was strange, was it was dreadfully slow to start for a few days.

Then, something happened where it was super-fast for about 36-48 hours. Now, it's the slowest I remember seeing it.

Someone was clearly working on something at some point on that demo location. I tried new browsers (to rule out caching) and it was still super-quick to load. The only thing that remained slow was, for example on the index page, it loaded content of other stuff (like tags, latest activity) then snapped/jumped to show the forums and categories. There is a lot of jumping throughout the entire site when multiple tabs/sections are available.

Comment

• Bülent
            • Aug 2012

problem is that your server from your machine

Comment

• Deimos
              • Oct 2002
              • 3.8.x

I can't believe how slow it is, compared to a live, populated site:

VB4 Forum - 4596 ms
              VB5 Demo - 14883 ms

Seems to be about 13-16 seconds for VB5, according to all the website speed tests I've run.

Comment

• ndL
                • Oct 2007

staff, anyone? could you tell as all.. why ? why this peace of sh*cough*it*cough*code is sooo slow? i guess people making new things after they learn from their past mistakes...

with an each day our respect and willingness to see something better decreases...

Comment

• Ramsesx
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.8.x

It's simple. Nowadays everything needs to be done quick, be it working, eating, browsing etc..
                  The world is in a hurry.
                  Vbulletin is in front to experience slowness again. So, we should see it from a new perspective.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ndL
                    staff, anyone? could you tell as all.. why ? why this peace of sh*cough*it*cough*code is sooo slow? i guess people making new things after they learn from their past mistakes...

with an each day our respect and willingness to see something better decreases...
                    Trying to get around the language filters isn't the best way to get an answer on anything. Follow the forum rules.

We've explained performance issues elsewhere, we're not doing it again.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment