Please tell me VB5 is not intended to be an upgrade for vb3 and vb4 users.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Travis-Mc
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

Please tell me VB5 is not intended to be an upgrade for vb3 and vb4 users.

From what I've seen in the beta, I'm hoping vb5 is a side project intended for sites that want to be like facebook. The inline comments don't necessarily work for forums and the Write Something - Share Photos - Post Link doesn't work well for forums either. Why copy something so limiting? I know you can click advanced, but it's going to be very confusing for exsiting forum users when they want to post a link and a picture and think they need to use Share Photos and Post Link. Is VB5 Connect for sites that want to be social networking sites? Don't even get me started on the discounts for loyal customers that ends at the end of the month for a beta product. It's like the VB4 pre-sale all over again. Ugh! Quit charging people for unfinished products! VB4 still has plenty of bugs. All the developers for VB5 should be helping to fix VB4. When are all of those forums that IB owns going to be upgraded from VB3? You're making money from those sites and don't want to mess them up by upgrading, so why should we? I need a drink.
  • soniceffect
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Travis-Mc
    From what I've seen in the beta, I'm hoping vb5 is a side project intended for sites that want to be like facebook. The inline comments don't necessarily work for forums and the Write Something - Share Photos - Post Link doesn't work well for forums either. Why copy something so limiting? I know you can click advanced, but it's going to be very confusing for exsiting forum users when they want to post a link and a picture and think they need to use Share Photos and Post Link. Is VB5 Connect for sites that want to be social networking sites? Don't even get me started on the discounts for loyal customers that ends at the end of the month for a beta product. It's like the VB4 pre-sale all over again. Ugh! Quit charging people for unfinished products! VB4 still has plenty of bugs. All the developers for VB5 should be helping to fix VB4. When are all of those forums that IB owns going to be upgraded from VB3? You're making money from those sites and don't want to mess them up by upgrading, so why should we? I need a drink.
    The inline comments can be switched off if you dont want to use them. The "Write Something - Share Photos - Post Link" are nothing different to vb4 in principle, just enhanced versions of the editor, ie write something is the normal posting we're all use to, the share photos is adding photos to a post as is the post link, they are just more advanced.

Is VB5 Connect for sites that want to be social networking sites? You could say the same about vb4 suite. You can rearrange things to suit your individual needs.

Don't even get me started on the discounts for loyal customers that ends at the end of the month for a beta product. It's like the VB4 pre-sale all over again. Ugh! Somewhat agree, however at least this time we can see the product, so not as bad as vb4 in the slightest imo.

VB4 still has plenty of bugs. All the developers for VB5 should be helping to fix VB4. If we're gonna do that we may as well send them back to vb3 as that also still has bugs. Things have to move forward.

When are all of those forums that IB owns going to be upgraded from VB3? You're making money from those sites and don't want to mess them up by upgrading, so why should we?
    Fair question

I need a drink. Grab me one whilst your there m8
    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment