X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waldvb
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Zachery
    I would encourage people to take a look at my suggestion here:

It is being considered for future versions, I think it would address a majority of the gallerylike issues we're having now
    Photo Gallery and Video Gallery or just Photo?
    www.wood-furniture.biz/forums/

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

I don't think PHP is easily capable of emulating something like youtube, if that is what you're after.
      So I don't really see a huge ability for us to host video galleries. Unless you're after just being able to embed your own videos (from youtube) onto a gallery.

Comment

• waldvb
        • Apr 2012

I don't think PHP is easily capable of emulating something like youtube, if that is what you're after.
        So I don't really see a huge ability for us to host video galleries. Unless you're after just being able to embed your own videos (from youtube) onto a gallery.
        I'm thinking about something like here - you can embed videos from youtube, vimeo, etc...

Comment

• zascok
          • Jul 2012
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by waldvb
          I'm thinking about something like here - you can embed videos from youtube, vimeo, etc...

http://www.wood-furniture.biz/forums/media.php

VBIV-15435

Comment

• waldvb
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by zascok

exactly

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

You actually get a media album on your profile in vBulletin 5. In there will be a collection of all the videos you have linked.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• aussiefooty
                • Nov 2008
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Fortforum
                Maybe you missed that vb 5 is in beta mode. Any admin trying to upgrade at this point would have nervs of steel and/or be very foolish.
                Or maybe you are wrong.
                Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
                See they aren't using it.

Apart from that what I have just read sounds awesome.
                Loving the fact that we are going to have our own media library.
                Also awesome to hear that we don't have to login using our customer numbers and passwords to get the product. It's much better!

Also I just had a look at the vBulletin Demo. Looks rather cool guys. It's a better layout, The login system is better and the style is awesome.
                If you want to compare it to any other software you could say it's similar to what Invision Power Boards are using but it's cooler and better on the eyes.
                Last edited by aussiefooty; Thu 20 Sep '12, 6:27pm.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• rexxxy
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 4.2.X

Lets be honest here...

Vbtube.com does videos both attached or uploaded music and pictures so its possible

Comment

• zascok
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    You actually get a media album on your profile in vBulletin 5. In there will be a collection of all the videos you have linked.
                    I have seen that on the demo, but couldn't find anything to sort things into groups or albums or just find media, maybe i missed it. Is there anything to sort and reach the shared media, or it's behaving like @strema everything that was publish?

Comment

• AlexanderT
                      • Mar 2003

Not that I am interested in emulating youtube (or even in hosting videos), FWIW, why do you think PHP would not be suitable for such a task?

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AlexanderT
                        Not that I am interested in emulating youtube (or even in hosting videos), FWIW, why do you think PHP would not be suitable for such a task?
                        Because the big boys really aren't using php directly. I believe a lot of the bit sites are running super custom code (which im sure cost a ton to develop), or something like adobe's media server.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by zascok
                          I have seen that on the demo, but couldn't find anything to sort things into groups or albums or just find media, maybe i missed it. Is there anything to sort and reach the shared media, or it's behaving like @strema everything that was publish?
                          I don't know what @strema is. IF you're on your Media Tab you can add videos and photos. The system also collates the videos and photos you post everywhere else. For Photos, you can create multiple albums. Videos are all added to your Video Album.

You can use forum channels to emulate a basic gallery but you would have to create those channels.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• AlexanderT
                            • Mar 2003

Because the big boys really aren't using php directly. I believe a lot of the bit sites are running super custom code (which im sure cost a ton to develop), or something like adobe's media server.
                            Would you consider Facebook a big boy? Sure, there a ways to accelerate PHP. That doesn't mean a youtube clone couldn't be written in PHP.

Adobe's media server is the way to go if you want to stream RTMFP. Fortunately, HTML5 video is there to replace it.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

I'm sure facebook has spent a huge chunk of money, and has a giant network to support video streaming, even if php isn't the best way to do it.

Comment

• digitalpoint
                                • Mar 2004
                                • 4.1.x

Side note... YouTube was built on PHP when Google bought it (but they since transitioned it to Python).

I'm kind of curious why people think you can't do video streaming with PHP? PHP is just the language... you can build a video streaming app with any modern language.
                                Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
                                Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment