Yahoo! = "Today's beta release of vBulletin 5 Connect will be quickly followed by a gold releas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deimos
    • Oct 2002
    • 3.8.x

Yahoo! = "Today's beta release of vBulletin 5 Connect will be quickly followed by a gold releas

Saw this posted on Taz earlier.

vBulletin Solutions today launched the beta release of vBulletin 5 Connect, the next generation of its ubiquitous community software. Completely re-engineered and packing more than 100 new features and ...

LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 12, 2012) - vBulletin Solutions today launched the beta release of vBulletin 5 Connect, the next generation of its ubiquitous community software. Completely re-engineered and packing more than 100 new features and enhancements, vBulletin 5 Connect is a dramatic leap forward in the standard of community software.

Today's beta release of vBulletin 5 Connect will be quickly followed by a gold release.

"Since our June announcement of vBulletin 5 Connect and its ability to move community software beyond forums, interest has been huge," said Joe Rosenblum, CTO of Internet Brands (which owns vBulletin). "We're launching this early release now not only to get additional customer feedback, but to give people the chance to get their hands on the product and start exploring all of vBulletin 5 Connect's new features."
    Bit early, no?
  • cptbogo
    • Dec 2007

Very early. Especially when it doesn't even work lol.

Comment

• Loco.M
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

typical press release..
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Ramsesx
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.8.x

The feature count will be more less and less.

Comment

• Hall of Famer
          • Apr 2009
          • 3.8.x

Oh really? VB has lots of work to do to finally make a gold release, especially when it comes down to loading speed. You aint gonna market for your new features if a page won't even load for half of your customers. XD

Comment

• IcEWoLF
            • Jul 2008
            • 4.1.x

The main focus now besides polishing up the product and reducing the amount of queries is mainly making the conversion from vB 4.2 to 5.x as smooth as possible.
            The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment

• simonhind
              • Jan 2007
              • 3.6.x

guys i hope you are aware VB5 Connect beta 10 is only released to us early as beta 11 is also being tested right now by other customers, i would expect Gold to be released maybe by end of November

Comment

• iyama
                • Dec 2009
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by simonhind
                guys i hope you are aware VB5 Connect beta 10 is only released to us early as beta 11 is also being tested right now by other customers, i would expect Gold to be released maybe by end of November
                Maybe december or.................maart, april

The info in begin of vb4 was better than this sjit vb5.
                Even if i read that the cms of vb5 isn't ready.
                VB The Next Social Media plugin!
                I don't buy VB5!

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

..... as beta 11 is also being tested right now by other customers
                  Utter drivel, Beta 11 hasnt even been built yet.
                  Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• soniceffect
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 4.2.X

Comical that is the only bit which is not "quoted" LOL
                    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• simonhind
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                      Utter drivel, Beta 11 hasnt even been built yet.
                      there where references to testing of it shown here http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV

support tickets indicated http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/...rversion/10634 Beta 12 so it shows that others are testing it

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

So a version number in our tracker means people are testing it?

There is no version of Beta 11 out, internally or otherwise at this time to test. There for there is also no beta 12 out at this time, internally or otherwise.

Comment

• gedsta
                          • Sep 2006

there where references to testing of it shown here http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV

support tickets indicated http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/...rversion/10634 Beta 12 so it shows that others are testing it
                          Not being funny, but what Paul says is true. As at the time he posted it wasn't built.

No idea if it is now or not, but I would assume that vB would upgrade the Demo site before they let it go to anyone else anyway.

Comment

• simonhind
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by gedsta
                            Not being funny, but what Paul says is true. As at the time he posted it wasn't built.

No idea if it is now or not, but I would assume that vB would upgrade the Demo site before they let it go to anyone else anyway.
                            i am not saying its to be released, i am simply saying that other versions are being tested right now, so to see VB4 Connect Gold being released may be before the end of the year, i think you should read up a little to the convo i had about beta 11 being tested, it was shown in http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV yesterday but seems they moved onto Beta 12

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

i am not saying its to be released, i am simply saying that other versions are being tested right now, so to see VB4 Connect Gold being released may be before the end of the year, i think you should read up a little to the convo i had about beta 11 being tested, it was shown in http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV yesterday but seems they moved onto Beta 12
                              Developers will constantly move to new builds as need to fit their schedules. Not all new builds will be delivered to the customers. Some will go to beta testers first. Some go to staff first then beta testers. That is how development works.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment