X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr.kim
    • Oct 2009
    • 4.2.x

I dont like it

I just don't like it. Not sure what to say but i seriously don't like it.
    Last edited by Zachery; Fri 14 Sep '12, 12:24pm.
    StudentFilmmakers Forums
    http://www.studentfilmmakers.com/forums
  • vBBurger
    • Oct 2010

Oh stop. Humans are so silly. They hate everything new. I just went through a torrent of abuse from my members because I switched from PHPBB to the vastly superior vBulletin 4.0

Everyone hated it, told me I was a fool, blah blah blah.

Then once they accepted that they were just lazy bastards and actually started learning all the superior features and ease of use, now they all love it.

Dont be like my users.
    Helpful forums on hair loss support and information.

Comment

• oldz442
      • Apr 2012

yeah what burger boy said.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• dethfire
        • Mar 2003
        • 3.8.x

Going from PHPBB to vB4 is not the same as vB4 to vB5
        http://www.physicsforums.com

Comment

• 14DH01
          • Sep 2010
          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by dethfire

it must be something like worse

Originally posted by vBBurger
          Oh stop. Humans are so silly. They hate everything new. I just went through a torrent of abuse from my members because I switched from PHPBB to the vastly superior vBulletin 4.0

Everyone hated it, told me I was a fool, blah blah blah.

Then once they accepted that they were just lazy bastards and actually started learning all the superior features and ease of use, now they all love it.

Dont be like my users.
          same for me, same route, same results.
          A super cool members to tell once but not twice.
          my forum Support bug reports please

Comment

• socceronly
            • Nov 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by vBBurger

This should probably be a t-shirt for admins.
            Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• mr.kim
              • Oct 2009
              • 4.2.x

I know what you mean but I know when something looks bad to me. it looks bad me. I don't like it.
              StudentFilmmakers Forums
              http://www.studentfilmmakers.com/forums

Comment

• GamerPerfection
                • Feb 2006
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by mr.kim
                I know what you mean but I know when something looks bad to me. it looks bad me. I don't like it.
                The problem with statements like yours is all you say is you just don't like it. That means nothing to anyone else. What is the point in telling anyone you don't like it?
                http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/gp-bar.png http://www.gamerperfection.com/images/facebook-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/twitter-32.pnghttp://www.gamerperfection.com/images/youtube-32.png

Comment

• g00gl3r
                  • Sep 2004
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by dethfire

+ 1

lol

Member moaned going from phpbb to vb4. They'll be gutted if they downgrade again to vb5!

Comment

• pygmalion2008
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 3.7.x

OMG. I thoroughly went through the demo and I have to say that vBulletin has committed suicide with this. And the new licensing model is just...

Why does Internet Brands assume that we want to inteerface our forums with Facebook? My users do not like Facebook which is why they are posting on my forums and blog instead of using Facebook. The look is even moving that direction. The demo install is laggy, unattractive looking and has too many "enhancements" which my users will not like. I have been using vBulletin for more than a decade, and now I will have to dump it. vBulletin 3 was the last great vBulletin forum software, and I currenly have a license for vBulletin 4 which I am using to run my forums. But after seeing vBulletin 5, I am convinced that Internet Brands no longer cares about forum operators and now wants to just cash in on the established brand. Sorry, but IB needs us, we dont necessarily need them. vBulletin will never work as a walled garden.

Why was the "Will you upgrade?" thread closed? Id Internet Brands afraid that the NO votes will look bad on these forums? If this message is deleted, I will really be convinced. Im taking a screenshot just in case.

Comment

• Huskermax
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by pygmalion2008
                      OMG. I thoroughly went through the demo and I have to say that vBulletin has committed suicide with this. And the new licensing model is just...

Why does Internet Brands assume that we want to inteerface our forums with Facebook? My users do not like Facebook which is why they are posting on my forums and blog instead of using Facebook. The look is even moving that direction. The demo install is laggy, unattractive looking and has too many "enhancements" which my users will not like. I have been using vBulletin for more than a decade, and now I will have to dump it. vBulletin 3 was the last great vBulletin forum software, and I currenly have a license for vBulletin 4 which I am using to run my forums. But after seeing vBulletin 5, I am convinced that Internet Brands no longer cares about forum operators and now wants to just cash in on the established brand. Sorry, but IB needs us, we dont necessarily need them. vBulletin will never work as a walled garden.

Why was the "Will you upgrade?" thread closed? Id Internet Brands afraid that the NO votes will look bad on these forums? If this message is deleted, I will really be convinced. Im taking a screenshot just in case.
                      My users don't like facebook either so I have that part shut off.

Comment

• Andy
                        • Jan 2002
                        • 4.1.x

Same here, I have no Facebook code on my forum. My users want complete separation from the forum and Facebook.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by pygmalion2008
                          What new licensing model?
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment