X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex2k5
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

ajax/javascript - off

I know it's early, and I haven't checked out the back end yet. But, IMO, there needs to be a way to turn Javascript/Ajax off for everything other than drop down menus, etc. Nothing related to main page content should have javascript applied to it. Sidebar, menus, back end, fine. Main page content, tabs, etc - it needs an off switch, with ability to access all those tabs/pages/content with real urls and page re-loads. I don't trust it for SEO regardless of what anyone tells me, and for user experience across platforms and browsers, it will never be consistent.

I want to stay stuck in the past until the future is the past, then maybe I'll think about it.

As it is, just for that reason, I would not use this. If every other feature got rolled out, all bugs fixed, and it was gold, but this was still there and unable to be turned off, I would not run vb5 on live sites. I skipped 4 completely, if 5 doesn't shape up, I'll skip that. And since 3.x is probably gonna hit EOL with no security updates soon after 5 launches, I will have to look into another system.

Thanks.