Unusable without Javascript

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldz442
    • Apr 2012

I disable JS frequently for various reasons. On the demo recently... encountered an unexpected 'bug' while JS was disabled. Apparently it is all better now.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Paul K
      • Jun 2010

I really hope that I'll be able to get links like http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/for...n-answer/page2 and so on again, same for the posts, I want to be able to send like http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/for...=1234#post1234

Comment

• rob83
        • Mar 2012

Well this thread contained some pretty depressing news :/

Comment

• noox
          • Apr 2001

Search engine visibility is a really important factor when you want to earn money with your forum. At the moment I would not trust that search engines see what I want them to see when Ajax is used for basic navigations. And how should the search engines know which URL to provide in the search result to get the user to the content the spider found after doing numerous ajax requests - all on the same url?

I've never used the archive as I wanted the users get right to the thread. And I used SEO-friendly URLs since I started with a forum over 10 years ago.

If you want to monetize your page the number of page impressions is a really important factor. With all this AJAX-stuff we are loosing a lot of PIs.

vBulletin basic functionality should stay like a web site. For additional functionality AJAX is appreciated if it improves user experience.

And I'm really curious if the speed of vB 5 will become near to the speed it should be.
          noox, Mountainbike Downhill Board

Comment

• Al Zander
            • Aug 2001

Originally posted by noox
            Search engine visibility is a really important factor when you want to earn money with your forum. ..

And I'm really curious if the speed of vB 5 will become near to the speed it should be.
            Speed, I for one am not worried about, atm. So far, the track record has been getting better (after the initial vBB4 wake up).

SEO... this little area I am in a wait and see mode. I have no doubt vBB and IB will pull all stops to make it happen. The only hitch, IMO, is the completely rewritten URL structure upon initial upgrade to vBB5. Yes yes, I am fully aware of the rewrite workaround, so we know what is under *our* control. How about Google and other search engines, who are constantly changing *their* algorithms? We can't count on that part of the equation to remain static. Therefore, IMO, we can't count on our rewrite workaround to be the end all and be all of solutions.

Time will tell... but we've been here before, so all is good for now. On with the show, I say. Time will tell...

Comment