Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldz442
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by lovefords
    I think vB5 acts clunky like a 1962 Oldsmobile with transmission problems.
    heyyy.

Fords suck BTW.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• ThemeBone
      • Jul 2012

Trust me, I can't not even imagine how I could use "that" vb5 on any mobile device.

Even on a native laptop browser it's a mess already

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Have you tried it on a mobile device or mobile sized browser window? Our responsive style is pretty nice.

Comment

• ShyGuy82
          • Feb 2007

I think the whole problem with vB5 is that developers don't really know what AJAX really is. They are confused. To load ALL CONTENT after the page is loaded, really?. This bloats the whole page and defeats the whole AJAX purpose. What they should do is load content the user "asked for". For example those "tabs". Instead of loading them ALL, load the first one and then load the second one when the user clicks on it. Sorry to knock your developers but I failed to see their competence. Am I right to assume Kevin Sours was the lead guy who "invented or re-invented the wheel"?
          Speed up your member list page by at least 5x (4.x.x)

http://nicknameregister.com/files/20...0/ShyGuy82.jpg

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ShyGuy82
            I think the whole problem with vB5 is that developers don't really know what AJAX really is. They are confused. To load ALL CONTENT after the page is loaded, really?. This bloats the whole page and defeats the whole AJAX purpose. What they should do is load content the user "asked for". For example those "tabs". Instead of loading them ALL, load the first one and then load the second one when the user clicks on it. Sorry to knock your developers but I failed to see their competence. Am I right to assume Kevin Sours was the lead guy who "invented or re-invented the wheel"?
            They know what AJAX is... There are some issues and some things that need to be corrected in the current implementation but they know what it is.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment